System
System Administrator admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Fidelity Balances.

Comments

• RiversideKid
    RiversideKid Member ✭✭
    Options

I think there is a bigger issue here. Simplifi shows that my Fidelity checking account has 'plenty' of money for another several weeks and yet today I received an overdraft transfer notification from Fidelity so my Fidelity balance in checking is less than zero where Simplify shows that I have plenty of money to cover all existing bills.

I have loved the Cash Flow section as it shows exactly when I need to transfer funds from savings, but now I'm not sure if I can trust it. I am suspicious if Simplifi is retaining the new "Purchase/Redemption From Core Account Fdic…" transactions as part of my balance. Some of these transactions are excluded from reports and spending plan and others are not.

Simplifi has all the recent transactions that show on the Fidelity site, it is the balance that is WAY off, I mean over 2K off. How do I get Simplifi to sync the Fidelity account balances correctly? (The dashboard does not have an exclamation mark and the Settings > Accounts does not show a problem with the Fidelity accounts.)

Thank you for any guidance.

Quicken for Windows user since 1994 (After MYM for DOS)
    Simplifi by Quicken since 2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@RiversideKid, thanks for reaching out!

I'd suggest first making sure that all of your Fidelity accounts are connected to the new "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" option in Quicken Simplifi, as this is the only way they will update. If the issue persists, since you're experiencing it with a checking account, please follow the steps here to troubleshoot it: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

You can also reset the account connection to resolve balance discrepancies in Quicken Simplifi: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

For the "Core Redemption & Purchase" transactions, these shouldn't impact the balance, as the balance for connected accounts is provided by the bank as opposed to being the sum of the transactions in the account (as outlined in the balance article I linked above). However, please see our existing topic here to report this issue and be added to the ticket:

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.