Inconsistent Net Worth Values

Options
BlueGrits
BlueGrits Member
edited January 25 in Troubleshooting

I'm new to Simplifi so maybe I've done something wrong, but I have noticed that the Net Worth shown on Dashboard is not the same as that shown on the Reports/Net Worth. Is this a bug or have I done something that might exclude an account from one or the other?

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check your account filters. In my case, net worth from the dashboard matches the net worth on the report for today.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Specifically, any account marked 'exclude from reports' won't be included in the net worth report if i remember right. But it may be in the net worth total on the dashboard.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have two investment accounts that are tagged exclude from reports that I see in the Net Worth report. The Net Worth report includes all account balances, even closed accounts by default.

From: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5160316-how-to-exclude-accounts-from-reports-and-the-spending-plan#h_77107bd420

Note: Excluding an account from Reports will not exclude it from the Net Worth Report. This is because the Net Worth Report uses balances instead of transactions, and excluding an account excludes the transactions. If you'd like to exclude an account from the Net Worth Report, you may do so by using the Account Filter options. More info is available here!

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also, you may see a discrepancy if you have pending transactions and you are displaying bank balance on the dashboard. The reports area uses Balance with Pending including pending transactions. My Net Worth difference when using Bank Balance on the dashboard amounts to the total amount of pending transactions I have.

Minter 2014-2023

• BlueGrits
    Options

Thank you all for the advice.

This morning, I got the idea to see subtract the larger Dashboard Net Worth from what's shown on the Reports/NetWorth — but the numbers are now the same. The fact that they're now equal suggests the issue wasn't with a filter (otherwise the difference would remain). So I went looking at transactions.

There was nothing on the income/spending side that'd amount to anywhere near that amount, so I checked Investments, Assets, & Liabilities and didn't find anything notable there either.

I guess I'm okay as long as everything eventually "catches up", but that it happens is a bit concerning. If there's a known reason this can occur, it might help to somehow note that.

This discussion has been closed.