Missing Transactions from Edward Jones (edited)

Options
2»

Comments

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk - I also see a lot more traffic too. The coaches are answering other people's recent issues but ignoring mine. This program has declined in quality and support in the last couple of months. I am on chat now and it says a 2 hour await before an agent can get to me. I'm about ready to find a program that works as well as mint did. This is just not worth it.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Clark - I understand your frustration. I looked quickly and I see 50 pages of discussions since late October 2023. The balance of the 100 pages of discussions go back to December 2022. Indeed, lots of traffic since Mint's shutdown announcement.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Kristina @Coach Natalie

I guess I am not going to get any response from any of you. I can't even get a reply on chat. I will be posting everyday until I get a resolution.

Can you tell me who I need to contact so I can get an answer?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 5
    Options

@Clark, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

You are not being ignored. As mentioned in this discussion, Support and the Community have had a huge influx in contacts so we have slower than normal response times. We are doing our best to get caught up from the holiday and get everyone taken care of, but you will have to be patient while we do so. We apologize for the delay, and I promise you will not be overlooked.

Posting multiple times and creating multiple posts in the Community will only delay the process. Please refrain from doing so; our Community Guidelines can be reviewed here:

With that said, I'd suggest following these steps to see if they resolve the matter of your Edward Jones accounts missing transactions/not updating:

1. Make all of your Edward Jones accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the accounts listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

If the issue persists after doing so, please let us know, as we will need to gather specific data from you to pursue an escalation.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie, Thanks for the response. I performed per your instructions as you noted above, with no success. I still am not getting Edward Jones transactions since Dec 12th. All of the account balances are correct, but no transactions on any of the 6 accounts. I am manually entering 10-15 transactions per day to keep my reports correct. Please escalate this issue as I have tried everything.

BTW…I apologize for some of my comments. I am just a very frustrated user.

Please let me know what you need from me. Clark

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited January 5
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To escalate this issue, we will need some additional information:

1. The name of the account that is missing transactions, as it shows in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few transactions that are currently missing from Quicken Simplifi.
    3. A screenshot of those transactions on the financial institution website.
    4. A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi, showing that the transactions are missing.
    5. Verify if the missing transactions are impacting the balance that shows for the account in Quicken Simplifi or not.

If you are not comfortable posting in this thread, you can also send the information by direct message.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• JessS
    JessS Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina I am having the same issues, and also attempted all the same trouble shooting. No updates from EJ accounts. I have logged requests for support in Chat and Phone line. I'm monitoring this feed for further updates.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Clark it's also difficult for someone like me to provide any meaningful help because I also have EJ accounts and have seen no issues with downloading transactions at all. I would suspect that a coach would need to ask you to provide Simplifi logs or something to really understand what the issue is, since it seems to be affecting only some EJ users. @Coach Natalie ? @Coach Kristina ?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@JessS, thank you for DMing us the requesting information!

I have gone ahead and gotten your case escalated and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10721727

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Kristina , I will message you #1-4 with this sensitive information.

To answer #5 here on your list: The missing translations ARE NOT affecting any of the six account balances. They are all correct. I have been adding transactions manually and marking them as "cleared" in my checking account in order to keep my reports correct.

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie ....please escalate my EJ issue along with @JessS , as same issue...

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@JessS, your escalation came back stating that the missing transactions have been restored — can you give it another try and let us know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Clark, thanks for providing the requested information!

I have gone ahead and gotten your case escalated and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8669

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie , thank you!

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    Options

@Coach Natalie Here is today's screenshots EJ vs Simplifi. Today's Jan 10th transactions are missing in Simplifi, which I will enter manually. Still not getting any transactions on any of my six accounts. No transactions since Dec 9th.

• JessS
    JessS Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie my missing transactions have not been restored. I still have no transactions after 12/7/23.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@JessS, thanks for giving that a try, although I'm sorry to hear that the fix didn't work.

I went ahead and added you to the ticket I created for Clark, and I'll let you both know as soon as we hear back on that.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8669

• JessS
    JessS Member
    Options

Checking for an update here…

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

We are both @JessS are needing an update. It's been over 4 weeks with no transactions in my 6 accounts In Edward Jones. I'm being to think the team doesn't really care about fixing this issue. I see a lot of other issues getting corrected, but not this one??? Please put a priority on this as it's getting ridiculous! I don't think I'm asking too much at this point.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    Options

Hi @Clark I think you are having problems with connectivity with Edward Jones but you also mention BNY Mellon. Are your investment accounts at EJ or is EJ "simply" your broker/financail advisor and your accounts are held at BNY Mellon? I don't know if this matters since this connectivity problem seems to be recent with no connectivity problem before the past month or two. I used to use EJ's services years ago but moved Personal Capital about 10 years ago.

I was just reading through a discussion over on the Quicken Classic forum about EJ connection issues here.

One solution has to do with ISPs and VPNs and EJ's security protocols for third party apps like Simplifi and Quicken.

One solution is to turn off the VPN if you have one. Another is to open your browser and log into your EJ account and check the "Remember this computer" then try to update your account in Simplifi.

I have no idea if either of these will work or if they apply to you.

It also seems to be the consensus in that conversation that the issue is on EJ's side and talking to them has resulted in a fix… at least temporarily.

Sorry you're having this problem.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB ...All of my 6 accounts are all through Edward Jones. The bank they use is BNY, but all goes through EJ. My VPN is off and I've tried everything (with the coaches) with no success. I've been on Simplifi for 2 years now and have ever had this problem, and makes Simplifi worthless because I am working too hard to enter all of the transactions. The Simplifi team has totally ignored this issue and we never get an update or status. I'm just about done using Simplifi.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    Options

@Clark We both started using Simplifi about the same time, for me January 2022. I’m sorry to see you having this problem and it’s strange that it just developed relatively recent after almost two years with no issues.

My bank, Wells Fargo, recently change the way third party apps connect to them and there was a week or so of “instability” with downloads into Simplifi. After reconnecting to the new method things finally stabilized.

I wonder if something changed at either EJ or BNY? I did read in the referenced discussion linked to above that Quicken Classic users found the issue needed to be addressed from the Edward Jones side. Either way, I agree, without stable connectivity the usefulness apps like Simplifi evaporates.

Another question. Do you log into BNY to retrieve your data or EJ? With Empower ( formerly Personal Capital) I don’t retrieve my account data from Empower though I have access to the data through my Empower account. I retrieve my data from BNY Mellon Pershing (Fewer and fewer people/corporations control more and more of the business/wealth!).

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB … It is not an EJ issue as I have been using (mint) Credit Karma and Empower with no issues at all. They have been seamless on downloading transactions and on connectivity. It is definitely a Simplifi issue and they need to own up to it and fix it or I'm not using Simplifi.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@JessS & @Clark, sadly, there's no update to provide on the escalation as of yet. As soon as an update becomes available, we'll be sure to let you both know by posting back to this thread.

@Clark, although I couldn't tell you where the issue lies, sometimes escalations can take time. Our engineering team has to investigate and often times they have to work with our service provider as well as the bank to identify the cause and a solution. Once the cause is identified, it can sometimes take a bit for a fix to be implemented as well. With that, we don't have a timeline to provide you with, though I can assure you that the issue has been escalated and has not been ignored. At this point, we will just have to wait to hear back on the escalation.

We apologize for the frustration and appreciate your patience!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Clark, thanks so much for your continued patience as this is being worked on!

It sounds like there may be some issues with the way Edward Jones is providing these transactions since they are coming in as Investment Transactions. To really push the issue with our service provider, our engineering team needs fresh data for specific transactions.

• You mentioned that you have social security deposits going into this account that you are tracking as income in Quicken Simplifi — do you have any fresh examples of these particular transactions missing, by chance? We need the Date, Payee, and Amount. We also need to see that they are missing in Quicken Simplifi.
    • Please also provide a screenshot of those transactions from the bank's website.
    • Do you also use this account for investments, i.e. do you have the holdings in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi?

Basically, they want to see that the transactions are normal cash flow transactions and not Investment Transactions, and how your use-case for this account is impacting your ability to use Quicken Simplifi due to the transactions not downloading.

We also need logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie ...I am not having any issues with my transactions as all is working great now. For some reason this post below was merged and it doesn't have anything to do with transactions. This should not have been merged. My issue is stated below.

Edward Jones Mutual fund daily pricing not updating.. I posted April 12, 2024

This is an issue (bug) I have posted before. It was fixed and working great until about a month ago. The daily price updates are NOT updating again. For some reason only a few are getting updated. This is a real issue for me as have to manually look up prices or go to Empower which works perfectly. Before you say it, is is NOT… EJ. Please escalate to your technical support team as you did before. Clark

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Clark, thanks for letting me know this issue is no longer occurring! I have gone ahead and closed the ticket accordingly. As for the other issue you're reporting with Edward Jones, it looks like Coach Kristina has posted a reply to you here.

@JessS, are you still seeing an issue with your Edward Jones transactions not downloading?

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.