Will manual transactions "clear" by uploading .csv file?

Options
MegGuyver
MegGuyver Member

The Apple card not allowing integration is difficult, I use it to pay most of my recurring expenses and day-to-day transactions. It's great that once a month I can download all the transactions and upload them, however, that means I'm waiting all month to reconcile those transactions and my overall accounts when I prefer to do that weekly to stay up-to-date.

Does anyone know if I manually enter the transactions as they happen and leave them pending, will they then "clear" when I upload the monthly .csv file?

Or am I better off manually entering all the transactions and never uploading the file?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

From the article below: When adding a manual transaction in a manual account, such as a cash account, the status will automatically default to "Cleared".

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4739597-manual-transactions-101

If you enter the transactions by hand, then you can set them to pending in a manual account.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1 Answer ✓
    Options

I would recommend manually entering and skip the pending. All you have to do is check you outstanding balance and correct any mistakes. The Simplifi import is very good but I don't think it will clear pending. I would think it would be more likely to not make a double entry if everything matched but it won't. I did my first import of an Apple Card statement and uploaded it to my Amazon Card by mistake. There was only 10 entries. Simplifi added them to the Amazon card but they did not change the Amazon Card balance. I deleted the 10 entries and the upload to Apple Card went perfect.

If you are using Mint and switching to Simplifi, download and export of your Apple Card.=, give it a try and it is messy bad, Just start a new apple card account

Answers

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just a guess on my part but I would think waiting for the apple card statement to be posted would be much easier in labor and clarity for the process. You have plenty of time to correct any problem you might find on the statement. I think Apple is holding off allowing Simplifi connection to sweeten the deal with the new bank. Goldman is leaving the consumer credit market.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with @N4KHQ - import the statement from Apple Card instead of manually entering the transactions

Minter 2014-2023

• MegGuyver
    Options

I know it would be easier, but I’m trying to track monthly spending and most of the spending is done on that card which makes it’s a blind spot for seeing where I’m at against planned bills and spending goals. Or I have to manually calculate where I’m at, and if I’m doing that I might as well just be using a spreadsheet.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you upload transactions weekly? That will help have more current information

Minter 2014-2023

• MegGuyver
    Options

Apple only gives a monthly download of transactions.

This discussion has been closed.