Constant refreshes on iPads makes Simplifi unusable

Options
jorder
jorder Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2 in Report a Bug

it’s been commented on many times but I don’t see a reaction from the development team. Simplifi was barely usable on an iPad before because it’s extremely slow (on an iPad Pro) and clunky and unresponsive. But since a few weeks ago, around the time of the second to last iPadOS update, it’s become entirely unusable because the screen constantly refreshes. Do anything in Simplifi, a screen refresh happens, often before the action one wants to initiate is completed. Rename a category - refresh. Edit a transaction - refresh. Just look at Simplifi and wait 10 seconds - refresh. I tried editing a transaction today and gave up after the seventh refresh - the edit never sticks. I’ve tried Safari, Firefox, Chrome. I’ve tried web app or classic browser window - of course the results are the same. I have around 60 accounts - maybe Simplifi just can’t handle this anymore? It would be good to know because using a desktop browser is not an option, and managing 60 accounts on a tiny phone screen is not practical. Just let me know please if Simplifi can’t handle a certain number of accounts. By the way, it’s the only webpage that displays this type of behavior - no refresh issues with anything else.

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @jorder,

Do you recall which version of iOS you were using on your device when the issue got worse? Do you have any anti-virus app or VPN active on your iPad? If so, do the issues persist when they're paused/temporarily disabled? Has this issue persisted across multiple iPad devices? Are you experiencing the issue on any other devices (for instance, if you use a smartphone and use the web app on the smartphone, do you see the same behavior)?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• jorder
    jorder Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I’m using the latest versions of any Apple OS. So the problem occurs with the very latest / most recent iPadOS and iOS versions. On iOS, most people are using the proper app, but to humor you, I loaded the website on an iPhone 15 and iPhone 13 running the latest iOS versions and I can confirm that even there the webpage is unstable and has the refresh bug as well as crashes outright. No VPN and no antivirus software in iOS or iPadOS . You will see from the message threads in the community forum that I’m not the only one having this issue on iPads / iPadOS, so to answer your other question: yes, this issue apparently persists on multiple iPad devices from multiple users as documented in the forum.

• jorder
    jorder Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You can close this thread but still report the bug. Fellow user Blackbird found a solution, which is to limit the years of transaction history to be displayed. Simplifi cannot handle large histories on iPadOS and iOS so selecting fewer years to display seems to be working so far. I’m now showing one year instead of multiple years of transactions and the refresh bug hasn’t crept up again for now. Kudos to Blackbird for sharing this tip.

This discussion has been closed.