My credit card is showing a wildly different balance - initial setup

Options
Dregar
Dregar Member

Hello,

I have linked all my accounts to the Simplifi app and gone in and turned off pending transactions for all my accounts. The issue is (even when I hit refresh) my bank balances and my credit card balances are all way off.

The transactions are all showing accuratley, including the pending ones - however for some reason the balances are thousands of dollars difference - even after i hit update.

I have also removed and re-added the accounts with no luck.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Dregar,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Which financial institution(s) is this happening with? Is this affecting all of your accounts?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• Dregar
    Dregar Member
    Options

it’s with TD for my credit card.

The other accounts are updated appropriately.

Thanks

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I can see that there are several connection options for TD.

Do you get the same results regardless of which connection you chose, or is TD Canada Trust the only connection that works at all for that credit card?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Dregar
    Dregar Member
    Options

I used TD Canada trust as it is the only one that connected.

It’s a Canadian specific card …. I have multiple different cards from different institutions and countries

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

It is possible you're encountering the issue because it's a Canadian financial institution (see this link for more information), but since you're able to connect to the financial institution, we can look into this further to verify if that is the issue or if something else is causing the problem.

To further investigate this issue, we will need additional information:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account in question, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. A fresh screenshot of the balance for the account in Quicken Simplifi.
    4. A screenshot of the balance displayed on the bank's website for a comparison.

Please note that if you are not comfortable posting this information in this thread, you can send the information via direct message.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.