Discover credit card transactions missing

Options
Daisy
Daisy Member

Hi,

I have a Discover credit card. The connection and balance is correct but all transactions after the most recent statement (12/11/2023) are missing in either the dashboard or transaction tabs in Simplifi. Can you please look into it? Thank you and happy holidays!!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Daisy, thanks for reaching out!

It looks like we have a known issue with missing transactions with Discover:

However, that issue has been ongoing since August, so if the issue just started for you this month, I'd suggest taking a look at the troubleshooting steps here for missing transactions: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

If the issue persists, I'd suggest resetting the connection by following the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• HB7
    HB7 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm having the same issue with my discover credit card! My transactions were coming through fine until after my most recent statement.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@HB7, please be sure to follow the steps in my previous comment (see here) and report back.

-Coach Natalie

• RachelC
    Options

I am having the same issue as of 12/28/2023 - the balance of my Discover credit card is correct, but the underlying transactions are not showing up in Simplifi.

I followed the instructions in the "How to Resolve Missing Transactions" article linked above, but couldn't locate the missing transactions in Simplifi. I then tried resetting the connection (using the "How to Reset Your Account Connections" article linked above) with no luck. I then went a step further by deleting my Discover accounts from Simplifi altogether and re-adding them, but still had no luck.

I just started using Simplifi within the past couple months, so have no past experience with the Discover interface to compare against (although I see above that this has been a known issue since at least 8/23/2023)

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@RachelC, I'm sorry to hear those steps didn't work for you, but thanks for giving them a try!

At this time, I'd say that anyone who's experiencing missing transactions with Discover, if the troubleshooting steps don't resolve it, you'll want to follow our Alert for updates as this is listed as a known issue with our service provider:

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie

• fwaefoi3nn3
    fwaefoi3nn3 Member
    edited January 2
    Options

I have both Discover Bank accounts and a Discover credit card. While the bank account transactions are updating fine, the credit card transactions haven't updated in a month. The balance on the credit card is correct. It's the transactions that are not showing up.

I recently transitioned here from Mint. The failure to get the credit card transactions make this service essentially not useable.

The specific error I'm seeing is -

1. When trying to use the Discover Credit Card link to add my discover accounts, I'm getting an error saying "All accounts have already been added", even though I made sure Discover accounts are either deleted or marked as manual prior to adding.
    2. When using the Discover Bank link to add my accounts, they can be added successfully, but the credit card transactions are missing.

Anyone has success with linking to their Discover accounts?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @fwaefoi3nn3,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend you start by following the instructions in this article on resolving missing transactions:

If those troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, then you may be impacted by this known issue:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• willpgray
    Options

Hey there, I'm chiming in to say that I have the exact same issue at the OP.

1. When trying to use the Discover Credit Card link to add my discover accounts, I'm getting an error saying "All accounts have already been added", even though I made sure Discover accounts are either deleted or marked as manual prior to adding.
    2. When using the Discover Bank link to add my accounts, they can be added successfully, but the credit card transactions are missing.

In trying to resolve #2, the guidance on this forum was to remove account and link to Discover Credit Card, not Discover Bank; however, obviously, this isn't resolving the problem because #1 is still ongoing.

Bookmarked and following.

• vhg
    vhg Member
    Options

I have the exact same problem as the OP.

1. Bank accounts are working fine
    2. Credit Card balance is fine
    3. Credit Card transactions only updated once (when I added the account)

• Woger
    Woger Member
    Options

I am also having this same issue regarding my Discover Bank accounts:

-CD and Savings account reporting often and accurately.

-Credit Card account balance is correct, but no transactions are showing beyond what was uploaded by Mint.

This is a pretty big issue as I do most of my transactions on this card. I hope they can fix this issue soon otherwise I'll be forced to use another budgeting app…

• magnusrune
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue and won't be able to justify continuing this service if I can't categorize my credit card transactions. Bookmarking the thread and hoping for a quick resolution.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, we have a known issue with missing transactions for Discover. Please follow our Alert for the known issue and let us know if you continue to experience any issues after it's marked as resolved:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Artey34
    Options

Is this still an ongoing issue? I am having the same issue where the balance is up to date, but no new transactions

• cdorsi
    cdorsi Member ✭✭
    Options

The solution to credit card transactions not showing up is to use the Discover Card or Discover Credit Card login instead of Discover Bank login for your credit card. However, currently, the Discover Card and Discover Credit Card logins aren't working for many people. As posted above, many of us are getting the message "You have already added all your accounts at this bank" instead of the list of accounts to add after successfully logging in using the 2 card logins.

If you have added your Discover card via Discover Bank login, you can ignore the August 2023 issue about transactions not updating. The Discover Bank login has been broken for credit cards sin 2022. The Discover (Credit) Card logins need to be fixed. Once those are fixed, add your card there and the transactions will download.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, if the issue you're reporting here is occurring with a credit card account, and that credit card account is unable to be connected to the "Discover Card" or "Discover Credit Card" options in Quicken Simplifi, please see our other thread here:

It looks like there may be an emerging issue with users no longer being able to connect their Discover credit card accounts to one of the Discover credit card options to avoid the issue with transactions only downloading when the statement is released each month, so we'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Woger
    Woger Member
    Options

For those who's following this thread: it seems Discover has finally fixed their log-in problems under "DiscoverCard." I reconnected my account through the DiscoverCard option and it's updating correctly.

Thank you very much for your hard work in solving this problem, Coach Natalie and team.

This discussion has been closed.