Missing Transactions from Edward Jones (edited)

Options
Clark
Clark Member ✭✭✭✭

[removed]

I noticed two days ago that Simplfi did not download three paycheck transactions from Edward Jones, but the total account dollars are correct in Simplifi. How can this be and how can this be fixed as all reports and income are incorrect?

Thanks, Clark

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The balances come in a different file than the transactions. That is why the balances are correct, but the transactions are not.

Balance:

When adding manual transactions to a connected account, the balance is only affected if the transaction is in a "Pending" status. In Quicken Simplifi, when you connect your accounts, the balance displayed will always be the bank balance plus any pending transactions.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

I defer to the coaches regarding troubleshooting. In the meantime, check the article below out.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, but that was no help as I been using Simplifi a while now. I tried to add transactions manually and that made the balances incorrect in Simplifi. These transactions are not in Simplifi.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie help. Is there an ongoing issue with Edward Jones?

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also, some other users are having transaction update issues

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Clark

I had a bit of trouble with my distribution from my broker (BNY|Mellon Pershing via Empower (formerly Personal Capita)) when the new transfer section was added in the spring. Not sure if that is where your problem is or not. Sounds like the transactions never showed up for you.

Are these paychecks transfers from your brokerage account(s)? Or are these actual paychecks from EJ?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @DannyB @Coach Natalie

These are two social security checks that are deposited in my EJ cash manager checking account BNY Mellons, the other was an IRA retirement distribution from EJ. I never had this issue before since I have used Simplifi. What's strange is the accounts in Simplifi match EJ without the transactions?? So, all my reports (income) without these transactions are incorrect. There have been no changes is my accounts or bank.

How can this be fixed?

Clark

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds like this needs some trouble shooting by staff.

I wouldn't know where to begin.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Will someone in technical leadership respond on how to add these transactions without changing my bank balance in Simplifi? Not having these transactions make the budgeting and reports wrong and worthless!!

I tried adding them manually, but when I do it changes my bank balance which is incorrect… It seems like I am being ignored on this request…very disappointed.

Clark

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

For what is worth, when I add manual transactions to a connected account and mark them as cleared, they do not affect the balance. I just tested this.

Also, when entering transactions in a connected account, they defaulted to pending status, which changes the balance.

You are correct, you need Quicken support.

Minter 2014-2023

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @UrsulaA

I tried your suggestion….IT WORKED! The balance did not change and all the reports are now correct. Thank you very much for taking your time to respond. It was an easy fix! I'll remember that in the future.

Clark

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Clark glad to help. Hope your transactions download more smoothly going forward.

Minter 2014-2023

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA …this was the first time this has happened since I have been using Simplifi for 2 years. Hopefully this was a onetime issue.

Thanks again,

Clark

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA @Coach Natalie

My Edward Jones (BNY Mellons) has stopped downloading transactions. I am entering them manually and marking "cleared" at present to keep my reports correct. The balance is always correct with no transactions.

This is a major bug for me now. Please fix this.

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

Update — All of my Edward Jones Investment accounts and my EJ bank (BNY Mellons) has stopped downloading transactions. I am entering them manually and marking "cleared" at present to keep my reports correct. The balance is always correct with no transactions.

This is a major bug for me now. Please fix this.

Clark

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wouldn't expect a serious response from Quicken until Tuesday (it's the weekend, and Monday is a holiday) at the earliest. You might get a quick response from the skeleton crew watching the forums before then.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I did a quick search on Edward Jones, and looks like there had been issues earlier this year, @Clark. The coaches and Quicken need to fix this. Connectivity is key for Simplifi to be useful.

Minter 2014-2023

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I hope this gets resolved quickly as this is a major connectivity issue. I'm seeing an increased number of irritating program issues that I am working around. I'm not sure what's going on, but Simplifi is not improving over time.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Clark,

To troubleshoot this, are you getting any error messages when you try to update your account? If you haven't already done so, have you tried following the troubleshooting in this article on resolving missing transactions? Is it only this one account that is not updating?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Kristina ...No error messages. I have tried to resolve per article. I have since discovered that that none of my Edward Jones investment accounts have updated in over a week. It was working until last week. It has lost connectivity or something. Please push this forward to get this fixed.

Thanks, Clark

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

I am not getting any downloaded transactions from EJ for over a week now in any of my accounts. (The account totals are correct) I need Simplifi to fix this today. I am tired of entering manually to keep all reports/ budgets correct. I have reported this two times now with no fix or solution.

I never had this many issues with mint. I may have to go back if Simplifi can't get all these bugs fixed! I can't continue to spend an hour a day fixing this mess…

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The next troubleshooting step is to reset the accounts that are having this issue. You can use this link for instructions on resetting your accounts, or this link for resetting accounts on the mobile app.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

@Coach Kristina - I have performed the reset. I don't know if it worked as all my transactions to date I have entered manually. I should know something in the morning and will let you know. I did check my investment transactions and none of them have updated since December 11. Thats about the time I stopped getting any transactions from EJ.

One of Money market accounts in EJ now says disconnected in my EJ accounts. Why is that and how do I fix it? Clark

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Kristina @Coach Natalie As of this morning, still no transactions from any Edward Jones bank or investment accounts after following your reset instructions. Please escalate this major bug ASAP. I am continuing to input manually.

Thanks, Clark

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4
    Options

Sorry, but I feel like this major issue here is being ignored by the coaches with no feedback or response ....What do I have to do to get a response to get this resolved?

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is still broken and have reset EJ several times per instructions. What is the status since I have not received a response?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Clark If you want more of an immediate response, you may be better off (during business hours) trying phone or chat support. With both of those, you get a much faster answer (if not a resolution) when you ask a question. You will eventually get an answer here, but here you might get one official reply per business day, in chat you might get a multiple responses in under an hour. I hear from others that phone support may be harder to get through to, probably because of high demand.

Rob Wilkens

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk —Thanks Rob, I will try a chat. I have been on Simplifi for about two years now, and this is the first time I have been ignored by the coaches. All I want is to know is the status and its being resolved. This program is totally worthless to me now since all my transactions are now manual.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have heard the same thing in Reddit as @RobWilk mentioned, longer lag times via phone support and faster chat responses.

Minter 2014-2023

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Clark In fairness to the Coaches, Since November when they announced Mint was shutting down, these forums have become incredibly more busy, and they have a lot more to keep up with. In the "old days", I might see 3-4 messages posted here per day, now i might see 30 posts in the morning (before lunch). I've had to unfollow many groups here, because i just cannot always help in certain categories and can't keep up.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk is correct. I am one of those pesky users that came from Mint last month.

Minter 2014-2023

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.