Transaction History Settings

Options
UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2 in Report a Bug

I am an Early Access user and found this dropdown on the web version going back to Since 4 and having years in the 1400s. Can we have instead a before YYYY that lands within our lifetimes (before 1900)? This configuration gave me a chuckle today.

I like how we can start each year and then only view that year by filtering by <12/31/yyyy (example having Since 2021 and then filtering by <12/31/2021.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

wow… my transaction history only goes back to 2021… but then again when I started using Simplifi I started with data from the last quarter of 2021.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DannyB - my transaction history in Simplifi goes back only to 2019, and those are balance adjustments. The dropdown does not auto adjust to what the user has, which makes it funny.

My earliest transaction back with Microsoft Money was sometime in the early 2000s.

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wonder if this is another way Simplifi gets wonky with larger historical data imports. Sorry for the size of the screenshot photo! I have data back into the early 2000 when I started with MS Money then Quicken after MS shut down Money. Then Simplifi. starting in January 2022.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Yes, mine looked like that yesterday. I wonder if I caused the issue as one transaction was initially entered with 0004 as the year and then I switched it to 2024 after saving, as it was supposed to be. However, given that I changed the transaction, the dropdown is not supposed to go that far back.

I just double checked, my earliest transaction is in 2019. Strange but funny.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also, my mobile app has the same long date dropdown.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@UrsulaA, thanks for posting!

I just tested this by adding a transaction with the year "0004" and saw the same thing in the transactional data filter. However, deleting that transaction and then signing out and back in resolved it and adjusted my "All Time" back to 2019. Have you tried signing out and back in?

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I forgot which manual transaction caused the issue. I deleted two of the suspected culprits, cleaned the browser cookies, and signed back in. I could not get this to resolve.

It is OK. I entered several manual transactions for a capital one credit card and my checking account. Do not want to go one by one to troubleshoot this by unmerging manual and cleared transactions and deleting the manual one.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, it looks like the trick was to edit the transaction to correct the date rather than delete it; I am now stuck with "All Time (Since 4)" as well.

I went ahead and got this issue reported and will let you know as soon as we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19188

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This issue is strange - I edited the transaction before saving it and got stuck with the date ranges. Thanks for getting it escalated.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is there an update on this issue?

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, no update yet. As soon as I hear anything, I'll be sure to post back to let you know.

Thanks for your patience!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just wondering if this issue is on the pipeline to resolve. It is low priority for me.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you still have "All Time (Since 4)" in your Simplifi apps? I do still.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, I do. The ticket is still open and being worked on. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your help @Coach Natalie

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any update @Coach Natalie @Coach Jon ?

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @UrsulaA,

I checked out the ticket. The ticket is still being worked on at this time. Thanks for your patience!

-Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.