Fidelity totals off by the pending amount (edited)

Options
Dave_Howe
Dave_Howe Member
edited February 12 in Adding and Updating Accounts

Simplifi collects correct totals for all my securities in Fidelity but neglects to include the amount pending. In my case pending is -4.73 AND the total reflected in Simplifi is off by 4.73 (too much).

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Dave_Howe, thanks for posting!

To clarify, what type of Fidelity account are you referring to? If it's an Investment account, you can learn more about how these balances and values update in Quicken Simplifi: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5167335-how-do-my-investment-balances-update

However, Fidelity has some delayed updates as outlined here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8649018-important-update-fidelity-investments-connection-update

If you're referring to a Checking or Savings account, please take a look over this support article to troubleshoot balance discrepancies in Quicken Simplifi: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Help!

I've been struggling with this for weeks too, since the change. Prior to that. My years of experience with Simplifi were generally acceptable.

I'm seeing multiple issues with Investment account updates…

First, the update delay is more than 24 hours. It seems like all of my Fidelity account activity now takes several days or more to appear in Simplifi.

Second, exclusion of pending Fidelity account activity causes massive swings in balances that can take several days to weeks to normalize, depending on volume of activity in the accounts. For example, if I execute (10) trades with a value of $500k, the balances of the accounts and roll-up to account types and net worth will exclude pending activity and swing by -/+ $500k (of the actual balance) until several days after all of the pending activity for all (10) transactions clears. That means my balances could be anywhere from $0-500K higher or lower than the actual balance. Worse, this behavior is repeated while there's account activity.

As a result, account balances, net worth balance and report, and investment holdings in Simplifi for active Fidelity accounts are nearly unusable.

I could share feedback with Fidelity, but I'm uncertain of the details of the integration problem to request feature support for Simplifi.

Jonathan

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jsy42, I'd suggest taking a look at this particular section of our Fidelity support article:

Please note that the API connection does come with a few drawbacks that you should be aware of:

1. Your current balance may be delayed 24 hours
    2. Fidelity sends a security ID or CUSIP instead of ticker symbol in some cases, meaning that quotes for symbols won't update until the following day
    3. No pending transactions will be sent, and will only appear when they are cleared
    4. Crypto accounts are not supported

We understand that these changes may cause inconvenience for some of our users and we have been working with Fidelity to address these issues. However, Fidelity has not provided us with an ETA for when these issues will be resolved. We're doing everything we can to improve this experience for users.

Fidelity is discontinuing screen scrape access on 12/13/23. If you're experiencing any of the above issues, please contact Fidelity directly for assistance or to share your feedback:

-Coach Natalie

• jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Natalie. I think item #1 needs to be reworded to reflect that we're experiencing delays of far more than 24 hours (it's nowhere near 24hrs). I contacted the Electronic Channel Support Team at Fidelity and shared feedback on this, but I don't feel like they understood or appreciated it, or thought it was their problem. They did encourage other Fidelity customers to contact them and share their feedback.

This issue is painful enough that I would consider moving from Fidelity somewhere else until it's resolved, but I'm also having update issues with Robinhood, so are there any major brokerages that Simplifi is not having the issues in the support article with?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jsy42, you'd have to wait to hear from other users on what brokerages work well with Quicken Simplifi; I personally only have a basic Robinhood account and don't experience any issues with it. I know Vanguard is hard to connect to during peak hours, but other than that, all of our known online banking issues can be found here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/current-online-banking-issues

Sorry for not having a better answer for you, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Np. I reported an issue with my sold positions at Robinhood persisting in Simplifi, but it hasn't been resolved yet.

• Eddie0272
    Eddie0272 Member
    Options

E*Trade works really well with Simplifi.

I also have Fidelity and I experience the 24hrs delay as reported on this thread.

With that said, Simplifi has all the information from Fidelity (numbers of shares and investment) and it does reflect "live" your investment amount, why that amount is not reflected in the account itself? It seems Simplifi relies ONLY on what was downloaded from the institution for the net worth computation.

This discussion has been closed.