Glitch/Bug Report - Spending plan data intermittently disappearing and automatically duplicating

Options
mbb5547
mbb5547 Member
edited February 2 in Report a Bug

Mint user here going thru the process of converting to Simplifi. As such, the first place I started was entering in my Income in the spending plan tab - all good here.

Next I started entering in my data for bills/subscriptions and made a few categories for the 'planned spending' section. once again - all good.

Glancing at the numbers, the calculations looked to be correctly tracking my net income by subtracting some of my bills/subs from my income…great!

All of a sudden all of my income data disappears along with various bits of my planned spending data. All the numbers are wrong…weird but okay lets re-enter it all and try again..

After re-entering all the data again, suddenly the app seems to refresh and the data once again disappears.

I have spent hours fighting this app/software just to have my data consistently disappear then appear again jacking up all the numbers and calculations.

I have attached some screenshots in an attempt to depict the issues I am facing. In the image below I have all my income/Bills data entered correctly and showing as intended.

Without warning - suddenly my spending plan dashboard refreshes and my data is gone and the numbers are all out of whack. (see below). You can see that there are even no scheduled income payments for the current month - yet my monthly income is showing 4966..which is also incorrect.

Furthermore, below is another screenshot of my spending plan dashboard AFTER I entered all of my income/bills as seen in image #1. You can see below my income is empty and showing $0…again, this happened during a sudden refresh of the app AFTER I already entered all my income data.

To me this feels like a bug/glitch. It's extremely irritating and basically renders the application useless considering that all your data you've meticulously entered is suddenly wiped from the app. Please advise on if there is a known bug for this or a known solution in the works.

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have not seen this behavior on Simplifi today but there have been bugs in the Spending Plan in early December. To refresh the plan, I go to the refresh button on the side bar on the web app or the mobile app and then I see my data. I also sometimes log out, clean the cache and the cookies, and log back in to see refreshed data.

If the behavior persists, open a chat with support or comment back here. Someone will help.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

At the beginning of this month Simplifi added back several Planned Spending items that I deleted last month. For the OP, it is a bug/glitch, it's not you. Spending Plan has been fighting issues for at least a month or so.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@mbb5547, thanks for reaching out!

If something like this happens again, I'd suggest fully signing out and back into Quicken Simplifi to refresh everything; this usually clears up these types of glitches for me. Another thing you can try is performing the same action from a different browser or in incognito/private mode. If something works in other browsers, the issue most likely lies with your primary browser, and clearing the cache and cookies of your primary browser should clear things up for you.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.