Subcategory not rolling up to Parent Category in Spending Plan

Options
chiphum
chiphum Member
edited February 12 in Report a Bug

So Restaurants will not roll up to Dining & Drinks Parent Category in my spending plan. It ends up in other spending?

Tagged:

Comments

• chiphum
    chiphum Member
    Options

I got this to work by selecting another category then setting it back. Seems like some bug but can be worked around.

• Hairpin
    Options

I have this same problem. Hopefully it can be fixed in the future so I don't have to manually adjust or fix each time.

• bclayton
    bclayton Member
    Options

+1, having this issue as well.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@chiphum, @Hairpin, & @bclayton, thanks for reaching out!

To clarify, did this happen with a single transaction or Planned Spending expense, or is it reoccurring? Also, is it possible that the transaction was just delayed in updating to Planned Spending? It looks like we still have an open ticket for some delays with transaction updates in Planned Spending, so this particular behavior is actively being worked on.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• bclayton
    bclayton Member
    Options

Hey @Coach Natalie,

I have a planned spending expense using the default category "Dining & Drinks" and transactions tagged with sub-categories (Bars, Coffee Shops, Fast Food, Restaurants) are not rolling up. This has been the case since I started using Simplifi a little over a month now.

Please let me know if I can provide you with any additional information. Enjoying the product!

Ben

• chiphum
    chiphum Member
    Options

Hey @Coach Natalie,

This happened on multiple transactions. I was able to get it to work when I changed the category to another then back.

• jasonld
    Options

I have "Auto and Transportation" (top category) added with an amount to the Planned Spending, as well as a "Dining and Drinks" (top category) with an amount to Planned Spending. I noticed that I have sub category items to those to top categories showing in the "Other Spending" area. I believe from what the screenshot shows, that even sub categories should alot to the Planned Spending since I chose the top level category. Correct?

I have categories "Gas and Fuel" for example, showing in "Other Spending", so it looks like I'm spending outside my plan.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, it looks like there are some known issues going on with Planned Spending that are expected to be fixed with the 3.95.0 Web Release, which will hopefully go out today. With that, please let us know if you continue to experience this issue after 3.95.0 comes out.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Is anyone still experiencing an issue with this? I just tested in my own Quicken Simplifi, and a transaction using the Subcategory of "Gas & Fuel" is properly accounted for in my Primary Category Planned Spending expense of "Auto & Transport":

Please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• bclayton
    bclayton Member
    Options

Hey @Coach Natalie,

I had to recreate the planned spending expense but sub-categories are now rolling up to the parent/primary category.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.