Simplifi "balance with pending" not changing (continuing from known issue)

Options
AmyT
AmyT Member
edited February 2 in Report a Bug

I know this was in the "known issues" board but they closed it. I just logged in to use my Simplifi account and add one transaction. The "balance with pending" is not changing despite adding a transaction. I will need this to be fixed ASAP. Please let us know when this will be fixed. Thank you.

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

@AmyT Perhaps we could get some clarification from you on where in the application you are seeing this issue. You could be looking at the accounts list, a specific account transaction register, or other places, so I want to be sure I'm looking at the same thing you are.

That being said, I do see a discrepancy in this area. I added a manual "test" transaction of $10 to my checking account. When I look (on the web app) at the account list down the left hand side, the balance does not reflect the pending transaction. It does not even reflect it if I mark it as cleared. I'm guessing this figure is designed to only reflect the balance+pending amount that is actually downloaded from the bank, and that once the transaction is downloaded from the bank (regardless of pending or cleared status), the manual transaction will be matched (most likely) and then it will be square with the bank.

On the other hand, if I look at my checking account register, the graph at the top of the page DOES relect the pending transaction (it shows the balance as $10 different from the acccount list). I would expect this to appear here, as this graph is basically a forecast, rather than a reflection of current reality.

However, this graph reflects the transaction incorrectly. That is, if my account balance is $100, and I add a transaction of $10, the account balance is displayed in this graph as $110, where I would expect it to display $90. I tried editing the transaction to "-10.00" but I got the same result of $110. I finally edited the transaction to +10.00, and the graph displays the expected balance of $90.00.

I'm pretty sure this last part has been reported elsewhere, but I wanted to check in with @Coach Kristina or @Coach Natalie to see how much of what we are seeing is expected behavior?

• If I add a manual transaction, should I expect it to be reflected in the account graph but not in the account list?
    • If I add a manual transaction, should I expect to have to enter +10 for the account balance to go down, and -10 or just 10 for the account balance to go up? This seems counter-intuitive.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• AmyT
    AmyT Member
    Options

Hi, thank you for your fast reply. I am currently using the web browser version, and my transactions are all manual (not linked to a bank). In the "known issues" section of this community, they had is listed as a known issue with manual accounts. The "balance with pending" in the upper right corner is not changing when a transaction is added. I am going to keep an eye on it, but once I have more new transactions this will become a problem if not fixed soon.

• AmyT
    AmyT Member
    Options

Update: it was the same in the smartphone app, however I think it might be updating now that I've logged out and gone back in a few times.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

@ajbopp regarding "It does not even reflect it if I mark it as cleared."

Connected accounts can only have their balance modified by pending transactions entered manually if the manual transaction is marked as pending. The balance does not change if the manual transaction is cleared. I understand that behavior to be normal.

I had a similar discrepancy last week and resolved it by resetting the connection to the bank. This may require making the account manual, linking to the bank again, and then associating the manual account with the connected account.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections

Link a New Account to an Existing Connected Account

A time may come when you're presented with the need to re-link existing accounts in Quicken Simplifi. This could be because we need to re-establish a connection with your bank or if you need to link a new credit card number to an existing connected credit card account.

If you're not automatically prompted to reconnect your new account, you'll want to reset the connection for the financial institution by following the steps listed here. Once the new account is presented as available to add, you'll want to carefully link it to the existing Quicken Simplifi account by following the steps here.

If you need some help updating your bank login information, click here!

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4295304-adding-accounts-in-quicken-simplifi#h_0335e5a234

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA in my case, a manual transaction marked as either pending or cleared does not adjust the account balance of the account list.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

I started a thread on this issue last week but looks resolved for me. Does your mobile app behave the same?

@Coach Natalie has the details.

My thread

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, I added a pending transaction today for a transfer that just posted on the receiving institution, Charles Schwab. The source is the Wells Fargo checking account. The pending transaction is for a $2,000 transfer to Schwab. The starting balance of the account is $13,654.88 before the $2,000 transfer.

I am experiencing the same issue with pending transactions again as posted on the thread I linked, which is the issue shown on this thread again.

If I enter the transfer as of tomorrow, the projected balance goes down

I was told that this issue will be resolved with the new web release by support last week.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I refreshed my pending transactions from the mobile app and entered a pending check that shows at Wells Fargo. The pending balance updated to its correct amount net of all the pending transactions.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just entered a pending deposit on the web app and the pending deposit updated properly for Wells Fargo. Mobile app shows adjusted balances for pending transactions as well.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, this sounds like the known issue here:

This issue is still ongoing, and it looks like it may be impacting connected accounts when 'pending' transactions are entered as well. From my testing, I was able to simply refresh the browser page or sign out/back in to Quicken Simplifi. Once done, I saw the balance change reflected immediately.

I hope this works for everyone! Otherwise, please follow the Alert for updates/an expected fix for the known issue.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.