Error in Dashboard - Spending Plan "Error Loading Data"

Options
Melisa
Melisa Member
edited February 2 in Report a Bug

Hello Simplifi team,

Since a couple of weeks ago I have been getting and "error loading data" for Spending Plan in the Dashboard view. Picture attached. This is happening in the web version of the app.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Melisa, thanks for reaching out!

We had another post for this same issue recently, and they were able to resolve it by clearing the cache and cookies on their browser. If you'd like to confirm it's the browser before taking those steps, you can try from a different browser or in incognito/private mode to see if the issue is also presented there. If it's not, go ahead and clear the cache and cookies on your primary browser.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's important to point out that if the fix to an issue is to clear the browser cache, then there's a problem with the software.

It's never the answer to ask the user to clear their cache.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp - from your post a web app that works properly should not require cache cleaning often as a fix? Sometimes the browser and the web app can become incompatible if the browser does an upgrade.

I have cleaned the cache and logged out and back in to Simplifi when my spending plan does not refresh. Those actions refresh the data.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA no, a web app that works properly should never require cache clearing, often or not often.

If clearing the cache fixes an issue, that's a problem with the app, not the browser. In every case.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp - point taken. I have used so many web apps that require cache cleaning to clean bugs. It is good to know that such cache cleaning should not be part of the common process of running the app.

Hope we reduce the number of times we clean the cache when using Simplifi.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.