Error while adding a manual transaction

Options
movieman12345
movieman12345 Member
edited February 9 in Report a Bug

Seeing a "An error occurred. Please try again." message when trying to add a manual transaction to a manual account. Account type is "Other Asset".

After refreshing the page, the transaction activity is empty, i.e. the transaction never gets added.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@movieman12345, thanks for posting!

I'd suggest fully signing out and back in and then giving it another try. If the issue persists, please try from a different browser or in incognito/private mode to see if the issue is perhaps specific to your primary browser.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• movieman12345
    Options

I tried signing out in my primary browser (Chrome), and also tried doing this from Safari. I'm now able to add the "Opening Balance" transaction without an error, but the balance for the account still shows zero.

• movieman12345
    Options

When I add the transaction using the iOS app, it worked as expected (i.e. balance account is accurate)!

• movieman12345
    movieman12345 Member
    edited January 5
    Options

Account balance is back to zero! What's going on with manual accounts and transactions? Definitely a bug.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

To clarify, is the balance changing to zero only in the Web app, or does this also happen when using the iOS app?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• movieman12345
    Options

Both (i.e., if I see 0 on the Web, I also end up seeing 0 on the app).

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@movieman12345, thanks for confirming!

Since it looks like the manual account is brand new, I'd suggest deleting and re-adding it to see if doing so clears things up for you. Please note that we also have a known issue with manually entered transactions not updating the balance right away, and our Alert here has some suggested workarounds:

The Alert can also be followed for updates. Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.