Discover Bank Balance has decimal shifted - millions? (Finicity) [edited]

Options
CanyonHawks
CanyonHawks Member

I have a discover bank account that I connected but when I did Simplifi shifted the decimal one place to the right. So it effectively multiplied the balance by ten. It says I have millions in that account. I wish. It's a very direct decimal shift as it matches the discover bank balance if you shift the decimal back.

Anyone else had that.

Makes it pretty useless unless of course I can get it to turn that into real money…….

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you reset the bank connection and see if the balance updates? That could help.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• CanyonHawks
    CanyonHawks Member
    Options

Tried a couple of times. Didn't help

• CanyonHawks
    CanyonHawks Member
    Options

Additional details. I have tried resetting the connection and it didn't help. I also tried completely deleting the account and recreating it. That also didn't help

• CanyonHawks
    CanyonHawks Member
    Options

I am hoping it is a new feature that is called "instant millionaire". Now they just need to make the original discover bank account match what simplifi has.

Joking aside, It doesn't encourage much confidence in the software.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@CanyonHawks, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

Although the "instant millionaire" would be a really nice feature, it sounds like you're seeing a balance discrepancy that needs to be looked at. To better understand the issue, please let us know the following:

• What type of account is the issue occurring with?
    • Do you have any other accounts with Discover in Quicken Simplifi that do or do not present the same issue?
    • What Discover option is the account connected to in Quicken Simplifi ("Discover Bank", "Discover Card", etc.)?
    • Is this a brand new account that's presenting the issue, or have you had the account in Quicken Simplifi for some time and this issue just popped up?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• CanyonHawks
    CanyonHawks Member
    Options

I uploaded a file with screenshots showing the balance and explained the process and answered your questions.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@CanyonHawks, I'm not seeing anything from you here in the Community. If you reported the issue to our Support Team directly (it looks like you did), you'd want to continue working with them. It looks like the Chat Agent is waiting for a response from you to let them know that you uploaded the requested info.

However, if you want to work on this issue here in the Community instead, we will need you to provide the requested info here in the Community.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• CanyonHawks
    CanyonHawks Member
    Options

Coach Natalie,

I apologize. I mistakenly thought you were part of support. I'm not clear if the community can help on issues where the aggregator seems to be bringing in the wrong balance. I assumed that would require someone to look at logs and code but again I actually thought you were part of support. My Bad. I'm trying to learn where and who fits where in this simplifi space. I just responded to the request in the messages section.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@CanyonHawks, this is the Community, which is separate from Chat and Phone Support: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5728786-introduction-to-the-community

Although you can absolutely report issues here and have them escalated, you wouldn't need to do so if you've already reported it to our Support Team directly via a chat or phone interaction. I'm glad to hear that you got back to them, and I hope for a swift fix for you!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.