yet another FDP-103 error with etrade issue

Options
b16707
b16707 Member
edited February 23 in Adding and Updating Accounts

New user here. About to cancel my subscription as Simplifi cannot connect to etrade. This is with Symantecs 2FA. I have selected all the other etrade type accounts and nothing works. Login is 100% correct. Help please! None of the articles ive found here on the community helps.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 5
    Options

@b16707, thanks for posting!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, I was able to confirm the 103 error. To troubleshoot this error, please follow these steps:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• b16707
    b16707 Member
    Options

Thanks Coach Natalie, those didnt help BUT i think i figured out the quirk. You need to first add your etrade accounts. It will be unable to connect the first time you enter credentials (this is with 2FA with symmantec VIP). Once you have added your accounts (at this point still unable to connect, showing red exclamation mark), you need to click the refresh button on the bottom left of the user interface which will prompt you to enter your 2FA credentials again. Should work after that.

• Rolim1
    Rolim1 Member
    Options

@b16707 Thanks for the tip about refreshing from the main sidenav. That solved it for me after I was able to get my accounts added. Some other quirk that I encountered was that I had to add my accounts through ETrade Advisor. The other options kept giving me FDP-103 errors. Once I tried ETrade Advisor the names of my accounts showed up but I still couldn't get the balances to show up correctly until I went to the main dashboard and hit refresh.

This discussion has been closed.