Multiple Logins to same Financial Institutions - Forgets Prior Login

Options
micaheldotu
micaheldotu Member

Whenever I add a second login (either mine or my wife's) to any financial institution (so far Chase, Schwab, Citi) it forgets the prior linked login and says the accounts connected to those are disconnected. But then when I go to fix, it then forgets the other login.

From everything I've read, it should be able to work this way but it clearly isn't. Is there a workaround?

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @micaheldotu,

Most of the financial institutions you list connect using OAuth API. Click this link for more information on OAuth API. OAuth API is sometimes fussy when you use multiple User IDs with that financial institution. There are a couple things which may help.

First, if you and your spouse are authorized users on each other's accounts, what may be happening is you're accidentally linking everything up under one User ID, which can cause the authorized user accounts to get disconnected. To correct this, when reconnecting the disconnected accounts, be very careful on the screen that lets you link accounts. If you see accounts that are already connected under the other User ID, uncheck the checkbox on the left for those accounts so that they do not get relinked under the incorrect User ID.

If the issue persists after doing that, check to see if there is another connection you can use with that financial institution, since that will also help bypass the issue. This is usually most feasible if the account types are different (for example: bank accounts under one User ID and credit card accounts under the other).

Let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.