Transactions that are Reoccurring Bills show up as cleared and pending

Options
abcdef
abcdef Member
edited March 1 in Report a Bug

Problem: I have my mortgage as a Bill in the spending plan. When I pay the bill the money comes out of my checking account. In the transactions the day the bill is paid I will see two transactions 1 cleared and 1 pending. The cleared transaction is linked to the bill, ok cool. the pending transaction has the same category but it is not linked and shows up as "Unplanned spending". Seems like a bug to me. Because I know the transaction is pending. I can verify it with my bank. This happens for all Bills and subscriptions. When a transaction is identified and linked to a reoccurring payment it automatically creates a cleared transaction.

What should happen: The Linking should be applied to the Pending transaction and let that transaction clear on its own. Don't create a new transaction.

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5
    Options

Can i ask what bank you use? There are a few known issues about duplicate transactions from various banks.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• abcdef
    abcdef Member
    Options

It does appear to be the case, the only duplicates are the ones that use my banks bill pay system. I recently found out which one drops off. maybe ill just delete those ones as they appear. still annoying though

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@abcdef, thanks for posting!

Please take a look over the steps outlined here for how to resolve duplicate transactions: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4901071-how-to-resolve-duplicate-transactions

In this case, it sounds like you'd most likely fall into the scenario of deleting one of the duplicates.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will add that it does appear to be the case for me that any Pending transaction is not linked to the Spending Plan bill until it is cleared. Until then it incorrectly displays in Other Spending.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.