How to add a single "Spending Plan" transaction

Options
josel
josel Member
edited February 6 in Bills and Income

I'm new to this system, I like what I have seen already, but I need to add a single transaction to my income, lets say I have a saving fund that is not a recurring income, I only use this fund in case I have to spend to fix my car or vacations, something out of the month to month.

If I spend, my spending plan goes to negative because the transaction is imported, now I want to increase my income just this time, to track what I'm lending myself to pay for this, at the end I need to pay me back to avoid loosing my savings fund.

How can I solve this in the system?

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @josel

Itsounds like what you are looking for is available through the Transactions page. From there, you can enter a one-time transaction - either positive or negative - which will be linked (or can be manually linked) to a transaction when its downloaded from your bank.

Pleasel et us know if this does not answer your question

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    Options

You can set up a Savings Goal for the money you have set aside. During the set up process you will be asked if you already have money set aside for this new goal. You can add what you already have set aside to the new goal and which account it is in. If you intend to add funds monthly to this Savings Goal you can set that up also and have a monthly contribution reminder added to your Spending Plan.

In essence you will now be "spending" this money monthly via your contribution. As a result when you spend the money in the real world you will "simply" exclude this expense from your Spending Plan and make a withdraw from your Savings Goal to reconcile your Simplifi Savings Goal with actual bank account.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.