New Simplifi User (former Mint user)

Options
Iwant More
Iwant More Member ✭✭
edited February 15 in Introduce yourself!

Hello! I'm Dena. It is nice to meet everyone. I have been with Simplifi for almost 2 weeks now and I am enjoying using the platform so far. Orginally, I wanted to focus on budgeting and saving plans, but I have found I like the goal, net worth, and cash flow features. I used Mint for many years and I am glad I found Simplifi as a replacement.

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome! I use the spending plan as I like how the bills are displayed and income is estimated from money I receive.

I like the projected cash flow and reports with net worth. I do not use savings goals as I want them to link to actual transactions.

Did you import Mint history or did you start from scratch?

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Iwant More,

Welcome to the Simplifi Community! Feel free to post if you need assistance!

Thank you.

-Coach Kristina

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome @Iwant More !

I want more too, and am frustrated that this app consistently shows that my retirement account is currently showing less. :D

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Iwant More
    Iwant More Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA Unfortunately, I started from scratch. I imported my data to another platform before finding Simplifi.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I moved from Mint about 4 weeks ago and have been extremely pleased with Simplify. I think you made a good choice.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Iwant More same boat. I imported to a competing product first. I initially did not import everything to Simplifi as reports only went back 5 years and categories did not import. Both items are fixed and the Mint import will work. However, I took about 10 hours to import about 9,000 transactions. The process could be easier.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8
    Options

Import tips additional to the support article in case you want to import. Alternatively, I saw on Reddit from a Quicken employee post that Simplifi is making improvements to the Mint import process. You may want to wait until those improvements come out

https://www.reddit.com/r/simplifimoney/s/IKQiNSMpHP

Minter 2014-2023

• Iwant More
    Iwant More Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA Thank you for sharing this article.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Iwant More I'll add one more, "Welcome to Simplifi."

I started with Simplifi two years ago coming over from Quicken Classic. I used the changeover as a chance to do a fresh start. I started with setting three months of history imported from my various banking and financial institutions which was plenty to "educate" Simplifi on all my routine monthly income and spending and made setting up the Spending Plan a breeze. I didn't need the 20 years of history I had built up in Quicken anymore then I needed the 30 years of financial history before that when I did all my accounting on paper!

Anyway welcome, and look forward to interacting with you here in the community.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Iwant More

Welcome to Simplifi! Anyone with a photo of a beagle in your profile is very welcome.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Iwant More
    Iwant More Member ✭✭
    Options

@Flopbot Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.