Prompt asking to install Simplifi won't stay away

Options
Phemfrog
Phemfrog Member
edited March 14 in Report a Bug

Small bug on the web version. I am using a Windows 10 Pro desktop and browsing on the latest version of Microsoft Edge. Today, for the first time, I am getting a pop-up asking me to install Quicken Simplifi. It has the option to click 'Don't Show Again". I clicked this. The prompt reappeared a few minutes later. I have repeated this process like a dozen times in the last half hour. Minor bug, but very annoying. If I tell it not to show again, it should not show it again. Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Phemfrog , thanks for posting to the Community!

Can you try to check on this behavior from a different browser or in incognito/private mode, please? I'm wondering if something in your primary browser isn't saving the preference and if clearing your cache and cookies would do the trick. Or maybe the opposite is happening and your cache or cookies are automatically cleared or something along those lines, which is what's causing Quicken Simplifi to prompt you over and over again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• BlueSky
    Options

I'm having the same problem, and it's driving me crazy: macOS 14.2.1, Chrome 120.0.6099.199.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see the same issue on Android, regardless of browser.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Which browser(s) did you try that gave this issue? Does the issue happen when using incognito mode also?

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have seen it on chrome, but I currently use duckduckgo browser because it doesn't have the "don't show the bottom of the page" bug that chrome has.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ajbopp, I'm wondering if your issue is due to using DuckDuckGo, since this is a privacy browser — maybe it's not saving your preference? I know you said you've seen it on Chrome as well, but have you ever seen it when using DuckDuckGo?

For anyone who's seeing this issue, we'll need to gather specific data in order to report it. I'm not seeing it myself, so it doesn't seem to be widespread, luckily. Here is the info we need:

1. A screenshot of the prompt.
    2. Take note of a few dates/times the prompt re-popped up and provide those.
    3. Provide an outline of what exactly occurs — do you dismiss the prompt and then it's back the next time you sign it, or does the prompt reappear in the same session, etc.?
    4. The browser and browser version you're using to access the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    5. The OS of the computer you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I dont recall seeing it on DuckDuckGo

Anthony Bopp

• Phemfrog
    Options

Sorry i didnt see the replies earlier.

FYI the issue is now GONE on Edge browser. I havent seen it happen anywhere else, but i didnt test that when it was happening on Edge.

• Master TMO
    Master TMO Member
    edited January 22
    Options

This is positively infuriating. I'm trying to walk my mother through using this app over Skype, and we've installed the app, and every time we get into a single step of the process, this thing pops up and interrupts us.

Made worse by the fact that I'm not there to try anything out, and my non-techie mother doesn't have the know-how to do so on her own.

[rant redacted]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Master TMO, thanks for posting on this topic, although I apologize for the frustration.

As mentioned above (see here), we'd need some additional info to look further into this. First, though, I'd suggest trying from a different browser or in incognito/private mode to see if the behavior is perhaps browser-specific or something along those lines. Alternatively, your mother is welcome to contact our Support Team directly, and they can engage in a screen share with her and help walk her through whatever assistance she may need.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I found a Reddit post that offers a solution to this issue. See below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/simplifimoney/s/VQDwah5diB

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.