Unable to connect to Lending Club (edited)

Options
volzz
volzz Member

Support native connectivity to Lending Club to pull account details into Simplifi

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@volzz, thanks for posting your request to the Community!

It looks like Lending Club is already available in Quicken Simplifi:

Can you give this option a try and let us know how it goes, please?

-Coach Natalie

• ADzurka
    ADzurka Member
    Options

Unfortunately it is not working for me.

Thank you

Albert

• kmm
    kmm Member
    Options

same issue for me. need this to work otherwise i will need to cancel

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ADzurka and @kmm,

A FDP-103 error is usually caused by invalid credentials. To troubleshoot this, please verify that login information you're typing into Quicken Simplifi is correct. You can do this by clicking the eye icon at the right hand side of the password field to make the password visible.

If you use a password manager, you may want to type the information in manually, just in case the password manager has outdated information.

If the issue is still persisting after you've verified the credentials you're typing into Simplifi are correct, then please try logging into the financial institution website directly, using those same credentials. This helps verify that they are the right credentials, and logging into the financial institution website can help verify that there aren't any blocks on the account side, such as the account getting locked due to too many incorrect login attempts.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• ADzurka
    ADzurka Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina When I add the account with manually typing in the password it just hang on securing connection then fails after a few minuets.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ADzurka, thanks for giving that a try and posting back!

Please follow these additional steps to troubleshoot the 103 error and let us know how it goes:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    3. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

-Coach Natalie

• ADzurka
    ADzurka Member
    Options

Unfortunately that did not help.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ADzurka, thanks for giving it a try!

We can go ahead and escalate for the 103 error, but we do need the following info first:

1. The name of the account(s), as it appears on the bank's website.
    2. Has there been any recent changes made to the bank's website or its sign-in process?
    3. What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account on the bank's website?
    4. What type of account(s) are you attempting to connect in Quicken Simplifi?
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    6. The format of your password (do not provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$", where a capital "X" indicates a capital letter, a lowercase "x" indicates a lowercase letter, and a "#" indicates numbers; the actual special characters used will need to be provided.

If you prefer to share any of this info privately, you may send it via a DM here in the Community.

-Coach Natalie

• Molanda
    Molanda Member
    edited February 19
    Options

The account connection mentioned by the coaches here refers to LendingClub's Legacy Notes and not their banking service.

The banking service uses the URL https://banking.lendingclub.com/ and is [removed - accuracy]. The two sites use different passwords.

Also, the Legacy Notes connection claims to use Intuit. I wonder if it will still work when Mint goes offline.

• Molanda
    Molanda Member
    Options

Apparently the banking service is supported after all. Customer support told me it wasn't last time I contacted them.

There are three financial institutions available.
    1. "Lending Club" which is the loan account (a.k.a. Legacy Notes). Coach Natalie's screenshot in the first comment is showing this one.
    2. "LendingClub -Personal and Bus" which is the banking (I guess both personal and business).
    3. "LendingClub Banking - Commercial" which is the commercial banking.

This discussion has been closed.