Mint Import - Simplifi renames Description

Options
Gerald
Gerald Member
edited February 9 in Getting Started

I'm a Mint refugee, seems like this is a common Simplifi problem.

I have many years of Mint historical data, but wanted to start on a test Mint CSV import, so I imported 20 rows. Simplifi is renaming my source Description of "Walmart.com Aa 800-966-6546 Ar" to "##mart".

Based on this, I honestly have no desire to continue this experiment. Any hope to a quick fix for this anomaly?

Gerald

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I understand your frustration. I successfully imported data from 2014-2023 and fixed issues with payees, categories, and tags during the import. I took 10 hours to complete the import and got categories, income, and expenses matched to the penny to Mint from Simplifi. I also spent time cleaning up my Mint file prior to import. which was full of duplicates and had missing transactions from when one of my credit cards disconnected.

Having said that, see the post from Coach Natallie below.

If I were in your shoes, I will hold off on importing until the new release comes out.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Gerald
    Gerald Member
    Options

Thanks - appreciate you sharing that info on the new release.

I'm a retired software developer, but at the risk of sounding like a bad manager, the Description update fix "should be easy" ;-)

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds like Simplifi will work on the description and other import issues. I had to fish out some missing transactions when I did my import as well. I have the data as I want it, hope the new tool helps others.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Gerald, yes, the upgraded process should hopefully fix all of these various issues our transitioning Mint users are seeing, but please let us know if not. Also keep an eye out for Community Announcements, as we will most likely announce the new Mint Import process and outline the changes/enhancements.

https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/updates-from-the-product-team

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.