Options
packitout
packitout Member

American Funds investments by Capital Group

https://www.capitalgroup.com/individual/

Tagged:
8 votes

In Review · Last Updated

We are working to establish this connection in Simplifi, however, we cannot guarantee that we'll be able to support a requested bank.

Comments

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi @packitout -- I've added this to our requested FI Connection list, and I'll post here with any updates. Thank you!

• Coach Nicole
    Options

Hi @packitout -- Our provider confirmed you should be able to add your accounts by selecting the "American Funds - Retirement Web Site" instance in Simplifi's add account process. Can you try adding your account using that instance? If you receive an error, can you provide me with the error message? Thank you!

• jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options

I can't connect using "American Funds - Retirement Web Site" or any of the other American Funds options. I get the following error when trying to connect.

"We are unable to connect to American Funds - Retirement Web Site at this time."

I've received this error every time I've tried to log on the last several days. I too use "https://www.capitalgroup.com/individual/" to connect to my accounts. That link is working just fine.

Pease help us resolve this issue! Thanks!

• Coach Nicole
    Options

Thank you for attempting to connect and confirming the error message. I checked our systems, and the error presenting is indicating we're being blocked. I'll get this escalated, and I'll post any updates on this thread. Thank you!

• Coach Nicole
    Options

Hi @jl4usc@gmail.com. Can you please try again to add your American Funds account using the American Funds Retirement Planning Center option in Simplifi? Thank you!

• jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options

I just tried and got the same error. Unable to connect at this time.

• Coach Nicole
    Options

Thanks for trying again! I'll let our team know and follow up with you once I have an update. Thank you!

• jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options

Any update on this issue?

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin
    Options

@jl4usc@gmail.com American Funds is currently blocking us. We are trying to get it resolved as soon as possible but it still may be a bit.

• wiilmarlop
    Options

Is there an ETA when this connection be made?

• Coach Paco
    Options

@wiilmarlop No ETA at this time.

• barryh
    barryh Member ✭✭
    Options

This is a deal breaker. Mint.com and PersonalCapital.com support this site, as well as Quicken (though not well as every holding is reported as a new account), and SoFi Relay (just balance and transactions as far as I can tell). I'm just looking for the best place to keep all my account connections working without constant errors, but step one, is simply supporting the site.

• jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options
    Is there an ETA for this connection yet?
  • Coach Paco
    Options

No ETA at this time.

• perrynmyers
    perrynmyers Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, just wanted to say that I am experiencing this same issue with American Funds individual accounts which I normally access through: https://www.capitalgroup.com/individual/
    Will continue to follow the thread for solutions as they are provided.

• jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options
    Is there an ETA for this connection yet?
  • Coach Nicole
    Options

Hi there -- Sadly, we still don't have an ETA on when we'll be able to get this added. However, our team is actively working to get new financial institutions added. We'll be sure to post here as soon as we have an update! Thanks :smiley:

• jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options
    Any ETA on this yet? Are we talking days, weeks, months? It would be helpful for me in making my decision of whether or not to stick with this product. Thanks!
  • Coach Nicole
    Options

Hi @jl4usc -- I completely understand, and I wish that I could provide a better time frame. Sadly, establishing connections with Financial Institutions requires work on behalf of multiple parties, so it takes time. But I want to assure you that our team is actively working on adding new connections. We'll keep you posted on our progress!

• jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options
    Can you please confirm this specific connection is being worked on? This connection was requested 3 months ago. Thanks!
  • Coach Paco
    Options

@jl4usc I can confirm that we've requested that our provider work to establish a connection with this bank. However, we don't have any further details. Sadly, establishing a connection with a bank can take time and sometimes we can't make it work. If we are able to establish a connection with this bank, we will notify you immediately!

• jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options
    Just an FYI .... there are currently three connections with American Funds. It's just the one for individual investors that is not established yet.
  • n2dmlife
    Options

Ditto...unable to download my personal AF accounts. Hopefully it's updated soon.

• jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options
    Any update on timing for this connection?
  • Coach Nicole
    Options

Sadly, we can't provide a timeframe as we don't have one to provide. Our provider is working to establish a connection, but we're unsure if or when this connection will be added. As soon as we have any additional information, we will post here. Thank you!

• jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options
    We've been asking for this connection since January. All of the other major financial software supports this connection (Quicken, Mint, Personal Capital, etc.). Any news?
  • dolph767
    dolph767 Member
    Options

I was just wondering if there is any updates yet? I am also having the same issue as previously mentioned.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @dolph767,

Thanks for the inquiry -- I have reached out for an update and will be sure to let you know when I hear back! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • wiilmarlop
    Options
    it's been a year now since this issue has been going on. I don't understand why one of the largest companies like Quicken can not seem to get this to work. Many others similar companies are able too. 
  • jl4usc
    jl4usc Member
    Options
    Can you please provide an update on this connection? As others have stated, we've been waiting over a year for this connection and all of the other major financial software companies have this connection (including Quicken desktop). Simplifi also has three other American Funds connections, just not this one. Please provide an update for this connection.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.