Transactions dont automatically import for Citi Smith Barney IRA (Morgan Stanley)

Options
cmchattie
cmchattie Member

We were advised to connect our Morgan Stanley accounts through the Citi Smith Barney IRA connector. This successfully imports accounts and balances, but transactions are not imported.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@cmchattie, thanks for reaching out!

To clarify, we were asking that users try the "Citi Smith Barney IRA" option to connect their Morgan Stanley Wealth Management accounts to see if it works, as we'd then be able to update the request for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management with a way for users to connect.

From my understanding, the URL to sign into Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/ux/ , and the URL for Citi Smith Barney IRA in Quicken Simplifi is https://www.morganstanley.com/ , so I don't think this option will work for Wealth Management accounts, and I don't think this is something we'd be able to escalate or anything along those lines.

With that, are you seeing the issue with a Morgan Stanley Wealth Management account specifically, or a different kind of account at Morgan Stanley? If the latter, have you tried using the Morgan Stanley Stock Plan option in Quicken Simplifi?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• cmchattie
    cmchattie Member
    Options

I can confirm that the Citi Smith Barney IRA connector works to link Morgan Stanley Wealth Management accounts and sync balances. Everything there works perfectly. The missing part is the automatic syncing of transactions.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cmchattie, thanks for confirming the account type!

As previously mentioned, I don't think the Citi Smith Barney IRA option is a replacement for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, but we can try submitting a missing transactions case to find out for sure. Are you referring to Investment Transactions or banking transactions, such as in a checking account? If the former and the account is classified as an investment account, do you see holdings in the Investments Portfolio?

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• cmchattie
    cmchattie Member
    Options

They are marked as investment accounts, so positions/holdings appear and they appear to update when purchases or sales are made. No investment transactions appear (unless transfers are linked from other accounts then a transaction seems to be created my simplifi to mirror the other side of the transfer).

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cmchattie, thanks for confirming!

Please provide the following data and I'll submit a ticket to see what they say:

1. The name of the account the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The Date, Payee/Security, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi.
    3. A screenshot of the example transactions from the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• MSwinson
    Options

Was able to add Morgan Stanley as an account through the citi bank search (which showed the morganstanley.com link), but it does not download transactions (treats it as in investment but its a checking account), which is kinda one of my requirements...

• cmchattie
    cmchattie Member
    Options
    1. MSAI - 1199 - Investments
    2. Sample
      1. 1/03/2024, IEMG, $-29.12
      2. 1/03/2024, IEFA, $-67.22
      3. 1/03/2024, VCIT, $-27.24

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@cmchattie, thanks for the screenshots!

I'm a little confused — I see the transactions listed in your screenshot from Quicken Simplifi. The amounts and dates match, so these do appear to match the bank and are not missing. Is the issue that they're downloading as Payment/Deposit and Uncategorized? If so, this is a known issue that is being worked on:

If this is the case, I'd suggest manually correcting the Type so they're recorded with the proper investing action for now. Otherwise, please clarify the issue, as your screenshots do not indicate missing transactions, or at least not the example transactions you provided.

-Coach Natalie

• Mr. Munzo
    Options

I was able to add my Morgan Stanley accounts using the Citi Smith Barney IRA today.

It seems all transactions and balances have been synced.

• cmchattie
    cmchattie Member
    Options

Agreed, this has been fixed from what i have seen

This discussion has been closed.