Are Separate Multiple Fidelity Logins Supported

Options
AnselmoJV
AnselmoJV Member

My wife and I both have separate retirement accounts at Fidelity. When I connected my account my 401K connected successfully and updated as expected. A week later I connected my wife's account and her 401K, investment and HSA account which all imported successfully. However, now my account states it must be reconnected and when I attempted to resupply the username and password and then re-select my accounts it tells me I have already added all accounts at this bank and the red exclamation remains adjacent to my Fidelity 401K accounts.

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @AnselmoJV

If you can add your wife's accounts to your login or your accounts to her login this may fix the problem since all accounts would then download via one login.

I've done that with WF, Pershing and Schwab.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • AnselmoJV
    Options

Thanks for the response. So I guess that means the answer is no. I'm not sure there is any way to combine the accounts under a single login since these accounts are established by our employers. I think this is a severe shortcoming in the product since this is likely a relatively common situation and prevents easily managing a complete picture of our finances. We also have separate ETrade accounts but I cannot even get one of these successfully added. I have just started an evaluation of Simplifi to replace Excel tracking of our entire portfolio of accounts and guess I will continue to research other products.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@AnselmoJV, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this behavior!

Although you should be able to connect two different sets of credentials at one bank in Quicken Simplifi, this may not be possible with Fidelity since it's one of our OAuth API banks.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6997452-new-and-improved-way-to-connect-to-your-financial-institution-oauth-api

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8649018-important-update-fidelity-investments-connection-update

With that, have you ever been able to successfully connect all of these accounts at one time in Quicken Simplifi? You can try the following just to get a fresh connection with everything, though I'm not sure if it will work:

1. Make all of the accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see all of the accounts listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank using your login credentials.
    3. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 using your wife's credentials.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• AnselmoJV
    Options

Thanks. Will give this a try.

This discussion has been closed.