Ally Bank Mastercard - not syncing transactions to account

Options
Michael Q
Michael Q Member

I'm able to connect successfully to Ally Bank however it is not downloading transactions for my credit card account. It does sync the balance of the account, but I have to enter transactions manually.

I also have my checking and saving account with Ally, and those transactions are syncing as expected. This only affects my Ally Mastercard account.

Ally Mastercard does display in my list of accounts with correct balance, but no transactions.

Is there any way to get the credit card transactions to update automagically?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Michael Q, thanks for reaching out!

I believe there is a known issue with AllyBank not supporting credit card transactions for download, however, we can do a bit of troubleshooting and perhaps an escalation to find out for sure. First, we want to make sure all of the troubleshooting steps outlined here are covered: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• DawgShalmer
    Options

I have the same issue. I do want to mention my cc was previously an Ollo branded card. I don't know if that is specific to my card type or all Ally cards, but same issue. Balance is there, just no transactions.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@DawgShalmer, thanks for posting on this topic!

Were you able to complete the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, by chance? https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3412682-how-to-resolve-missing-transactions

Also, is the issue suddenly happening on an existing account in Quicken Simplifi, or has it happened since first adding the account? Do you have other accounts with Ally that are working correctly in Quicken Simplifi?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Michael Q
    Michael Q Member
    edited January 22
    Options

I've completed the troubleshooting tips to no avail. I should also note as did DawgShalmer, that my Ally credit card was also previously an Ollo branded card. Ollo was acquired by Ally Bank. You also asked Dawg "Do you have other accounts with Ally that are working correctly in Quicken Simplifi?"

I do have other Ally accounts that are working correctly in Simplifi - my primary checking and saving accounts are both with Ally.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply @Michael Q,

So that we can look into this issue further, please provide the following:

1. The name of the account the transactions are missing from, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of a few example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi.
    3. A screenshot of the example transactions from the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.
    5. Confirm whether the missing transactions are impacting the balance in Quicken Simplifi or not.

Please make sure to redact personal information from the screenshots. If you're not comfortable posting it to this discussion, it is okay to send the information via direct message.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.