Balance in the account does not match with actual balance on the bank

Options
simplira
simplira Member ✭✭

I have not gone and checked for every account but a few accounts I checked the shown balance on Simplifi is different from what is the actual balance. For online connected back, what balance does Simplifi show? The actual balance or based on transactions it calculates itself?

And BTW, I have gone through this article https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

But that does not explain this situation where with or without pending transactions, the balance is not matching.

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @simplira

I take it you have tried both the settings - Balance with pending; Bank balance - and your Simplifi balance remains different from you bank balance.

Is this a recent issue or has it been ongoing for a while?

Can the differences be accounted for by the presence or absence of pending transactions or is it some random difference with no relationship to actual transactions?

Have you manually entered any transactions with current or past date that is pending or not yet showing at your banks?

Another thing you can do is reset the connection to see if that will clear up the problem.

1. make the affected accounts manual.
    2. go to the bank website and log into your account and disconnect your Quicken connection.
    3. return to Simplifi and go through the connect account process.
    4. when the connection is made, be careful to reconnect the bank accounts to the correct account in Simplifi.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • simplira
    simplira Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Danny for the response. Yes I have tried all permutations and the balance cannot be explained. There is no manual transactions showing so changing the balance with lending vs default has no effect. I have not retried the connection. I can do that. The concern with converting to manual and then delinking, would I loose the history and/or the categories that I have set in my transactions or would they stay intact?

Thanks.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@simplira, thanks for reaching out!

Resetting your account connections or making the account manual and reconnecting it to the bank won't hurt anything. Here are the official steps:

1. Make the account(s) manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Options

History and transactions will stay intact when you make the accounts manual. The step of making the account manual prevents unintended deletion as deleting the bank without making the account manual first will delete the account.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• asheroto
    asheroto Member ✭✭
    Options

Also having the same issue. Have already tried reconnecting, waiting more than a day.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I find that on the (rare) occasion I write a check, Q-Simplifi will show a different balance than the bank. The reason is that I include this transaction in my spending plan somewhere, but the bank doesn't know anything about it until the check is presented to them.

I would ask if there is any consistency about whether the bank balance or the Q-Simplifi balance is greater?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

This discussion has been closed.