Delays on transaction downloads

Options
michfromflorida
michfromflorida Member ✭✭

Hello all. Former mint user and 3 months into Simplifi. I like many things about Simplifi including watchlists and savings goals but cannot understand why transactions and payments lag 2-3 days before they are downloaded? Note that these are posted transactions, not pending.

I see it with Fidelity Visa and Synchrony (Sam's & Lowe's), Bank of America, while Chase and Discover are hours after the transaction occurs.

I never had this issue with Mint. I have a number of credit cards and am watchful of fraud so I monitor my accounts daily. I have reminders setup on all recurring transactions and they often show past due simply because of the delay, I find myself logging into my accounts at the institutions to check status. Really defeats the purpose of having an app doesn't it?

It was a lot of work to set up Simplifi but because this issue, coupled with the fussiness of connect to biller, I am considering making a change to another app. Can we expect this to get better anytime soon?

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Connectivity (how long to update new transactions) varies by financial institution. It connects it most every 4-5 hours as long as you've logged in or hit refresh (but no more frequently than every 4-5 hours). This is so the banks don't get overwhelmed with requests (banks have a tendency to block apps that refresh too frequently, as I understand, but i might be wrong). Some banks allow pending transactions, some download only cleared, that's set by the bank i think.

I like this app for the cash flow chart and spending plan. I don't use it to monitor transactions. For me, this app is terrific, but it depends what your needs are.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.