Simplifi CSV Formatter for Canadians πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ (format bank CSV for Simplifi importing)

Options
Randy1234
Randy1234 Member ✭

Hello fellow Canadian Simplifi Users πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ€—,

I wanted to automate the CSV conversion for Canadian banks and decided to make them public: https://github.com/pointdexter3/simplifi-csv-formatter/blob/main/README.md .

The scripts take the CSV export for various Canadian financial institutions and formats them for importing into Simplifi.

This is for those who:

• Want to use manual Simplifi accounts
  • Desire for an easier way to automate the CSV transactions import from their banks
  • Who are comfortable with the terminal (basic running)
  • Can follow README instructions

Please let me know if it's useful to you, and let me know if there are any issues.

Also let me know if there are any other Canadian financial institutions you'd like added.

• I'll need the format, a few lines will do (just make sure to replace any personal information from the transaction example with 0's for numbers or X's for letters that way I can see the format "quirks" like extra spaces / special characters)

** Note: The formatting is financial institution specific and brittle, you should review the generated CSV files for any obvious inconsistencies before importing into Simplifi**

This discussion has been closed.