Introduction

Options
KatyDu
KatyDu Member
edited February 16 in Introduce yourself!

Hi all

With the new year, I decided to go from a manually entered spreadsheet to an on-line system. I had good luck with Quicken years ago, but stopped several years ago when many of the venues I use didn't have an automatic feature available. So far so good. A couple of my financial institutions still aren't (like Apple Card), but enough do that I think its worth it.

I've got my reoccurring bills recorded (and reoccurring), and transactions since the beginning of the year entered. Seems pretty easy so far.

Any words of wisdom for a newbie?

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Options

@KatyDu

Welcome! Don’t give up! Simplify is a really good software, and it just takes a little while to get used to how things work. If you were able to figure out Quicken Desktop, then you won’t have any problem with Quicken Simplifi; Quicken Desktop has a WAY steeper learning curve. I recommend starting with Watchlists since they’re one of the easier things to grasp and can give you quick eyes on your spending. Don’t worry, you can always change and edit stuff as time goes on.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome! I agree with @Flopbot. I have been using Simplifi for over a month and it has been helpful to keep tabs on my spending and see my projected cash flow. I am enjoying using Simplifi and I prefer the spending plan versus Mint category budgets. I used Mint since 2014 prior to moving to Simplifi.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Options

Welcome to Simplifi, @KatyDu !

Sounds like you’re off to a good start. For me the Spending Plan is the crown jewel of Simplifi and all the other features are icing on the cake (a little mixing of metaphors, but hey). Also, Simplifi has been a real K.I.S.S. kind of app for me as far as personal finances go.

Advice:

• Make use of this forum, the Support pages (see link at top of this page), Simplifi’s Help portal (link found in both web and mobile), and look up and subscribe to the Quicken YouTube channel. There is also a Reddit page - search for r/simplifimoney.
    • Keep first things first! Read that in some management how to book somewhere along the line and thought I’d just throw it in.
    • Have a great 2024!

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.