USAA not updating checking account

Options

Tried to fix by reentering credentials and selecting accounts. Only savings account was available. This previously worked.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Greymist, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

I'd suggest completely reestablishing the connection with USAA by following these steps:

1. Make all of your USAA accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the accounts listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

If you're still unable to reconnect the checking account or experience any issues with these steps, I'd recommend trying from a different browser or in incognito/private mode. Since USAA is one of our OAuth API banks, it could be that something in your primary browser is blocking their authorization process.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Greymist
    Options

None of these suggestions work. Perhaps Quicken could troubleshoot?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Greymist, thanks for attempting the steps and posting back!

That's what we're doing here is troubleshooting. If you'd prefer a more official support experience for troubleshooting, our Support Team is happy to help: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Otherwise, we'll need to get some additional info from you here in the Community to continue troubleshooting, such as:

1. By "not updating", do you mean that the account stopped downloading transactions/updating the balance? Or were you receiving an error message, etc.?
    2. Which USAA option is/was the checking account connected to in Quicken Simplifi?
    3. Are you able to complete the authorization process for USAA in Quicken Simplifi? Is the checking account shown in their window to be authorized?
    4. Has there been any activity in the checking account in the last 90 days?
    5. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?
    6. Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    7. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Greymist
    Options

The checking account worked previously. It stopped working and doesn't show when I try to fix it in quicken. Only savings account is shown.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Greymist, thanks for the additional info!

Please provide the answers to the other questions asked above so we can get a clear picture of what's going on:

1. Which USAA option was the checking account connected to in Quicken Simplifi?
    2. Are you able to complete the authorization process for USAA in Quicken Simplifi? Is the checking account shown in their window to be authorized?
    3. Has there been any activity in the checking account in the last 90 days?
    4. Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to?
    5. Is the account a subtype of a different account?
    6. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?

Additionally, please let us know what steps you've tried to fix the issue. Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Greymist
    Options
    1. ?
    2. Authorization completes successfully, but checking account not found. Quicken only finds Savings account.
    3. No, but that wasn't a problem previously
    4. No.
    5. Just plain old checking account
    6. How about you ask the bank since I'm just a customer?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

There are multiple connection options for USAA. Could you specify which one the account was connected to?

Also, with the OAuth connection that USAA now uses, if an account is inactive for too long, that can cause it to be marked as dormant and prevent it from showing up as available to link to Quicken Simplifi. If that is what is causing the issue, then the dormant status should be removed if you use the account to make a transaction.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Greymist
    Options

I'm not given any choices in how to connect to USAA as above.

• Greymist
    Options

It appears the problem was inactivity. I created a transaction and am now able to connect.

This discussion has been closed.