Group transfers and related transactions under one line (edited)

Options
Marcin
Marcin Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Feature Requests

Two sides of internal transfers should be grouped together.

Additionally transfers generated due to PayPal and Venmo purchases should be grouped under original transaction.

For example purchase via PayPal will generate 3 transactions (actual purchase and transfer from bank to PayPal). It would be great if transfers were grouped under actual purchase.

Added: By grouping I meant there would be just 1 line in transaction table for all related transactions and that line could be expanded to show what's inside.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Marcin, thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

It sounds like what you're looking for is already covered by existing requests:

If you're looking for what you requested outside of PayPal transactions, would you mind providing a better description of what exactly you're looking for and how it would apply to other Transfers?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Marcin
    Marcin Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie not quite. By grouping I meant there would be just 1 line in transaction table for all related transactions and that line could be expanded to show what's inside.

• Jurgo
    Jurgo Member
    Options

I would like to assign retirement contributions as transfers. For example, a transfer from checking to retirement account. The problem is that the transactions do not show as 1 to 1. The full amount, say $500, comes out of checking, then the transactions on the investment account are broken up in 5 $100 transactions. Therefore, when I try to label the disbursement from checking as a transfer, it says that it cannot find a matching transaction and manual transactions need to be added. If I could group the 5 $100 transactions, I would then be able to link the disbursement to the receipt in the investment account.