Miscategorized investment trade

Options
mthoman1
mthoman1 Member
edited February 20 in Managing Your Transactions

I have a stock account that buys and sells assets inside the account. Some of these trades show as income and they're not. Typically, the issue arises when an asset is sold and others are purchased at different amounts. These show up as income and spending. I have them excluded from reports, but they still show up in some places, like transaction lists, and throw numbers off. How can i categorize them as transfers?

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The type needs to change to either Buy/Sell when opening the investment transaction in the investment account. Alternatively, if the type is already set to payment/deposit then you can select the transfer category as an option. Buy/Sell and transfer transactions are excluded from reports.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• mthoman1
    mthoman1 Member
    Options

Ifi change the type to buy or sell it won't let me save for some reason. It wipes out all the special trade fields and i think the app is trading them as required. So, that's probably not a great solution. I can change the category to transfer, I'm just not sure why i have to do that every time my investment account makes a trade. One of them makes like 50 trades a week.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you change the type to buy or sell you have to re-enter the security details. It is strange that your trades do not come down properly. Mine come down simply fine from Schwab. Consider sharing redacted screenshots and the name of your broker here or via support chat to get additional help, your broker is having issues sending the data or Simplifi digesting it.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.