Pending Transactions not being counted in Watchlist (edited)

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited February 23 in Report a Bug

Using the web app, and referring to a case where I enter a paper check transaction that hasn't been deposited yet.

Pending transactions are not accounted for in the Watchlists, in either the UI or the calculations. They seem to be accounted for everywhere else.

It would be helpful to me if these areas were consistent about pending transactions. Ideally, I would like pending transactions to not be included in calculations (since they haven't - and potentially might never - clear). But if the Watchlists included the transactions rather than ignoring them, then it would at least be consistent

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Odd behavior you are seeing. I entered a test pending transaction for my checking account and see it accounted for in reports, watchlists, and transaction list balance with pending.

Have you tried clearing the cache, signing out and then going back in to see if the watchlist changes? Disregard if you already tried this.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well now it's looking like I may have a bona fide bug. I created a new watchlist for a category where I have both paid and pending transactions for the month, and it's not being reflected.

Even though all three transactions are listed in the transaction history, it's says I've spent $0 this month. @Coach Natalie, could this thread be changed to a bug category instead of Feedback?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, someone else reported the same bug last week. This thread should be merged with that one.

Minter 2014-2023

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

This is the same behavior I experience in all of my Watchlists (as well as my Spending Plan), which I reported in this thread (and ironically just noted a few days ago in my last post in that thread that I appear to be the only person in the forum experiencing this problem):

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @ejs that is the thread I was thinking of.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

I just did some new testing in my own Quicken Simplifi, and even included a pending transaction, but I'm not seeing any issues with my Watchlists. With that, are you experiencing the issue with all of your Watchlists, or is it specific to ones that contain pending transactions? If the latter, what happens when the transactions clear? Have you tried deleting and recreating any of the Watchlists to see if that clears things up? Are there any other patterns or potential culprits that you've identified?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.