Investment income not appearing as income

Options
stevet7717
stevet7717 Member
edited February 20 in Using the Spending Plan

I have an investment account (an IRA) that sends me a fixed amount every month. I want this amount to show as income. It appears in the Transfers section, along with the corresponding distribution from the IRA, but isn't included in my monthly income calculations so Simplify thinks I'm always overspending. How do I handle this?

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

From the spending plan, in the transfers area, leave one side hidden, and unhide the side with the "+" by the dollar amount .. Ignore what account it's associated with as it often looks backwards. That should make the "+" number count as income for the spending plan.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    Options

To resolve this, try the following:

In the spending plan, under transfer, select the transfer that has your receiving account (checking, savings, other) as the category with the amount being positive. The transfer will have received next to it.

Select the unhide from spending plan option

Result: income should show as positive on the spending plan.

More info: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5142302-how-credit-card-payments-and-transfers-are-handled-in-the-spending-plan#h_d3ea517271

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you look, the receiving account in that screenshot is actually Quicksilver CC, but it says Received next to the account it was sent from. They really did that backward. BTW if that is the last 4 digits of your capital one quicksilver card, you may want to edit/hide your screenshot..

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.