Mobile app not responding to commands (edited)

Options
Erik B
Erik B Member
edited February 29 in Report a Bug

Whenever I try to add a new transaction from the mobile app and I tap on the "Payee" dropdown the app glitches and does not show me an input field to select or enter the payee name.

This needs to work especially when tracking manual accounts as I want to be able to add transactions as they are made so I don't forget later.

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Erik B Can you provide details on your device? I'm not seeing this behavior on my Android phone. If you're using Android, device make and model would be helpful, also OS version.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am not seeing this behavior on my Android phone with OS version 10. My Simplifi app version is 4.17.1.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Erik B
    Erik B Member
    Options

I am using an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS version 17.2.1

• JohnnyV8
    JohnnyV8 Member
    edited January 22
    Options

Can’t enter payee info, accounts, etc. This happened after last update. I use it on iPad and it works but not iPhone.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

This sounds like an issue also reported at [removed link to merged thread]

This suggests something may have broken with iOS in general and is not specific to a version.

Anthony Bopp

• omega
    omega Member
    edited January 23
    Options

Within the past week, my Android app has begun refusing to let me edit the payee name or add notes to any transaction. When I tap the box to try to edit the text, a new window simply appears then disappears immediately. See attached screen recording.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Pixel 6a, Android 14, build UQ1A.240105.002

Simplifi app version 4.17.1

(Also, this website doesn't allow attaching mp4 files, which is inconvenient.)

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My Simplifi mobile app in Android 10 does not have this issue. I edited transactions this morning and added a note to a transaction just now in the mobile app.

I am using the mobile app version 4.17.1

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

I don't see this issue either on Android 14

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Erik B & @JohnnyV8, thanks for reporting this behavior to the Community!

I'd suggest having both of you fully uninstall and then reinstall the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App to see if doing so clears things up. If the issue persists, please provide more details, such as what specific actions you're taking, how you're going about these actions, and what specifically occurs when doing so, etc. Screenshots or a video would also be helpful.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@omega, thanks for reporting this issue to the Community!

It looks like some users may be experiencing these types of issues on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, so we submitted a ticket to make our product team aware. I'd like to get you added to the ticket, but first, we do need to have you perform a full uninstall/reinstall of the app to see if doing so clears things up for you.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• omega
    omega Member
    Options

@natalie I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app. My problems with editing transactions still persist.

Please do add me to the ticket so I know when a fix is available. Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@omega, thanks for giving that a try and posting back!

Although I can't seem to view your video, your description definitely sounds like what's being reported. To confirm, though, the issue with the Payee field and the Notes field occurs when both creating and editing a transaction, correct? And when selecting these fields, the screen just kind of blinks, and then nothing happens, right? Does the issue impact any other fields, such as Tags?

The only additional info that would be great to have from you is your logs, but these do need to be submitted via the Quicken Simplifi Web App:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• omega
    omega Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Yes, you are describing exactly what I'm seeing. This issue affects the payee, notes, and tags field, but not the category field.

I've sent feedback through the web app, reference id 416575830999263488.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@omega, thanks so much!

We will most likely put an Alert up for this once we have more info from our product team, so I'll let you know if that happens. Otherwise, I will post back here as soon as an update is received on the ticket.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19370

• Erik B
    Erik B Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie I uninstalled and reinstalled the iPhone app and I am still having the same issue. It looks like this issue is specifically occurring with select/dropdown fields. It seems to be happening anytime a sub-workflow panel is triggered (e.g. Select/Change Payee,

Switch Account, Open transaction filters, add tags, add attachments, add notes, time period selection, breakdown selection, etc.). From what I can tell, the panel opens and immediately closes, making it look like the app is glitching.

I've included a GIF where you can see the active/tap states triggering for some inputs. When you don't see anything happening, I am tapping on some elements that aren't even showing the active/tap state.

• Erik B
    Erik B Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Blake Disabling the "Reduce Motion" toggle "fixed" the problem for me. I still consider this a bug for people who need this option enabled for accessibility.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Erik B, glad to hear the workaround worked! To clarify, this will just need to be used until a fix is implemented. 🙂

For anyone else experiencing this issue on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, please take a look at Coach Blake's comment here:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.