Primeway Federal Credit Union Payee column expenses only showing up as "Card Purchase" (edited)

Options
danieltexas
danieltexas Member

Hello,

I see this issue is happening to multiple other Simplifi members who have other Credit Unions.

All the transactions are populating the "Payee" column with either "Pos Card Purchase" or "Card Purchase", however Simplifi seems to be reading the full transaction first and categorizing it before truncating it in Simplifi.

Some info to assist from requested items I see admins request from other members:

1) The name of the credit union. - Primeway Federal Credit Union

2) The type of account the issue is occurring with. - Checking

3) Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card was used)? - All expense transactions are affected by this, with the exception of ACH withdrawals and transfers.

4) Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)? - I don't have other banks

5) How does the "Appears on your statement as…" info read for the transactions in question? -
In Simplifi:
"Appears on your Free Checking statement as Card purchase on Jan 19, 2024"
The same transaction from my bank:
Card purchase / TST* LOCAL FOODS - HEI 5812 (2024-01-18) HOUSTON TX 00027724

And here's an example of one of the "Pos Card Purchase" transactions:
In Simplifi:
"Appears on your Free Checking statement as POS Card purchase on Jan 20, 2024"
The same transaction from my bank:
POS Card purchase / WHOLEFDS KIR 10115 5411 (2024-01-20) 2955 KIRBY DR HOUSTON TX 00274001

Also in my Simplifi transactions feed this issue appears to have started October 17, 2023. However the formatting of my bank transactions did not change at before and after this date. So it looks like something changed on Simplifi's end around that time.

Unfortunately it's really difficult and time consuming to use Simplifi until this is resolved since I have to crosscheck every single transaction (100s) in Simplifi with the bank, whereas before I rarely needed to check bank transactions since I knew what they were in Simplifi.

Is there any progress with these escalations? I see there's escalations on this started in November. Can you add my issue to the open escalation or create a new one? Let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@danieltexas, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Yes, it sounds like this will need to be submitted as an escalation. To do so, please provide the following data:

1. The name(s) of the account(s) the transactions reside in, as it/they appear in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for a few example transactions the issue is occurring with (taking these from the Web App will be much easier and will show all of the data in just one screenshot per transaction, as we will need to see the Date, Payee, and Amount, as well as the "Appears on your statement as…" info).
    3. A screenshot of these same example transactions as displayed on the bank's website.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.