Spending Plan Calculating Wrong Amount with split transactions

Options
aslam08
aslam08 Member
edited February 23 in Report a Bug

Recently, the spending plan has been calculating the wrong amount when there’s a split transaction, where part of the split is a recurring transaction. For example, my paycheck is recurring income. I add splits to it to account for the taxes and in the past this would go into the Other Spending category. However, now it seems like it’s including the paycheck amount in the Other Spending category also, which is inflating the Available to Spend amount tremendously.

This seems to have happened after the last update.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@aslam08, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Based on your description, it sounds like you have the item in question set up as a Recurring Transaction, so the Reminder is showing in the Bills & Income section of the Spending Plan, but the transaction itself was not linked to the Recurring Reminder, so it's also showing in Other Spending. To resolve this, you'd simply link the transaction to the Reminder.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4436514-linking-transactions-to-reminders

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• aslam08
    aslam08 Member
    Options

Hi Natalie,

The transaction is linked to the reminder. This seems to be an issue with the way it’s displayed because the Available amount seems to be correct on the Dashboard, but when I click into the Spending Plan the amount is way off.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@aslam08, can you share some screenshots of what you're seeing so we can get a clearer picture of what's going on? Feel free to redact any private info.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• aslam08
    aslam08 Member
    Options

Sure, see below for a screenshot from the Dashboard view and also a screenshot of when I click into the Spending Plan.

Let me know if you need anything else.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@aslam08, thanks!

All I'm seeing in the screenshots you provided is a difference in the 'Available' amount between the Dashboard and the Spending Plan page; you mentioned something about Recurring Income, split transactions, and Other Spending — none of which are shown. In order to understand what's going on, we need a clear picture from you.

Alternatively, you may consider contacting Chat Support directly for more advanced assistance, as they are able to engage in a screen sharing session and walk you through gathering the information that is needed: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4792734-using-transaction-rules-on-the-mobile-app#h_566b877093

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.