Does anyone else have an incomplete breakdown by category for 12 months in watchlist in web app?

Options
UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I noticed that my watchlist that includes all expense categories shows an incomplete breakdown by category on the bar below the chart when I have all 12 months selected in the chart.

The breakdown by category works properly when I select only one month in the watchlist bar chart to view.

I enclose a document with more details and I sent feedback via the web app.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

Update: The payee list shows missing payees matching the same categories missing in the 12 month breakdown by category.

Two largest categories

1. Financial: Transactions have splits, tags, and recurring series transactions.
    2. Home: Transactions have splits, tags, and recurring series transactions.

Categories with the smallest dollar values

1. Cash & ATM: One transaction only in August 2023 with splits and tags.
    2. Travel: Transactions have split transactions and tags.
    3. Work Expenses: Transactions have tags, custom categories, and recurring series transactions.
    4. Fitness: One transaction in January 2024, used main/parent category to categorize.

I am missing one tag from the 12 month breakdown. The tag name starts with the year 2023.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@UrsulaA, thanks for reaching out!

I'm not personally seeing any issues with a Watchlist I just created for all of my Expense Categories. The only thing I noticed is that when viewing all 12 months, I only see the top 12 Categories, but this may be by design to limit the data with such a large time range. Do you also only see 12 Categories when viewing all 12 months?

With that, we'd most likely need to submit this as a dataset-specific bug. To do so, we'd need to first try to narrow things down a bit and clarify the outline. For example, do you see this with other Category-based Watchlists, or just your Watchlist that has all of your Expense Categories, aka a large number of Categories included? I'm also not seeing items such as "Fitness" or "Work Expenses" in your screenshots, so am not sure where these items come into play. I also don't think splits or recurring is a factor in this, but it's possible. For now, we won't focus on those aspects, though, since they seem to widely apply.

In addition to those clarifications, I'd say we'd need the following data from you for an escalation:

1. A screenshot of the Watchlist setup that shows all of the Categories that are included.
    2. An outline of what specific Categories you'd expect to see in the 12-month view that are missing. You mentioned "Home" — what others are there?
    3. If you use the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, are you seeing the same issue there?
    4. A screenshot that shows all of the Categories displayed for the 12-month view (the Categories are cut off in the screenshot you provided).
    5. A screenshot of the transactions that are included in the Categories that are missing from the 12-month view. The screenshot you provided of your "Home" transactions is a great example with one addition — select all of the transactions displayed so we can see a total and compare it to the totals displayed for the Categories at the top. You'd want to do this for each Category that's missing.
    6. The browser and browser version you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.
    7. The OS of the computer you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

Here is the updated document with your questions answered.

I also checked two other watchlists with less categories entered, 1 - Other Spending and 0 - Planned Spending and Bills and they do not show the issue. Only the A - Expenses list has this behavior.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue using same PC and browser below.

Chrome is up to dateVersion 121.0.6167.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    Options

Same using PC at home

Edition Windows 11 Home
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎11/‎27/‎2022
    OS build 22621.3007
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0

Browser version 120.0.2210.144 (Official build) (64-bit)

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    Options

To clarify, if the top 12 categories are supposed to show on the breakdown by category, the below is what I expect to see. The source of the information is reports.

First eight bars without everything else

Other categories with red lines next to them

What I see

The breakdown also skips travel. Also 3 categories with low expenses are shown instead of the categories with higher expenses: Home, Financial, and Travel. Screenshot is enclosed with travel transactions.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, thank you!

I went ahead and got a ticket submitted for this and will let you know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19423

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

This thread refers to an error in the category breakdown when "all 12 months" are selected in the Watchlist bar chart. How do you select multiple months in the chart? I don't see any way to do that in my Watchlists. (Perhaps this is related to my ongoing problem with Watchlists (and Spending Plan) that I've reported in other threads, in which the total always shows as zero?)

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @ejs

To select all months in a watchlist: I click one month bar first (example February 2024). The bars turn light purple and then the transaction list says "last 12 months".

Watchlist view when first opened

View after I clicked on February 2024 - light purple bars and transaction activity last 12 months

I am still waiting for an update on ticket SIMPL-19423

Minter 2014-2023

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA , thank you. That works for me (but only if I click the bar for the most recent month, February 2024 — clicking any of the previous months takes me to a view of that month alone, and clicking around on those bars is part of what I tried to change the view before I had posted). Certainly not an intuitive method for enabling a 12 month view!

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

Now that I know how to enable the 12 month view, I see that I am experiencing a similar problem as @UrsulaA. I set up a Watchlist for all expense categories, and my category breakdown for the 12 month view does not show "Home" as one of the categories, even though it is the single biggest expense.

I don't want to open a support ticket, because I already have an open ticking still awaiting resolution for a larger problem with my Watchlists (and Spending Plan) (namely, that their core function does not work for me, in that they always show $0 spending no matter how many relevant transactions actually exist), but I'm just noting the data point here that I'm experiencing this issue too.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tagging this post to add you to ticket SIMPL-19423

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm looking at my all expenses watchlist using Chrome extension and Edge. All expenses categories are showing as expected. However, I only have 8 top categories for all our expenses.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10
    Options

I see my top 10 or so categories in other spending watchlists, just not in the watchlist that has all expense categories selected. The open ticket will get resolved at some point.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ejs, thanks for posting on this topic!

I know you said you're still waiting on a resolution for other escalations that have been submitted for you, however, it may be helpful to go ahead and add you to the ticket for this issue as well so we can show that it's impacting more than one person. If you'd like to be added to the ticket, we'd need to gather some data from you as follows:

1. A screenshot of the Watchlist setup that shows all of the Categories that are included.
    2. An outline of what specific Categories you'd expect to see in the 12-month view that are missing.
    3. If you use the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, are you seeing the same issue there?
    4. A screenshot that shows all of the Categories displayed for the 12-month view.
    5. A screenshot of the transactions that are included in the Categories that are missing from the 12-month view; you can select all of the transactions displayed so we can see a total and compare it to the totals displayed for the Categories at the top. You'd want to do this for each Category that's missing, particularly the higher-level ones like "Home".
    6. The browser and browser version you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Alternatively, if you contact our Support Team directly regarding this issue, please reference ticket SIMPL-19423 so they know to add you to the existing ticket. Otherwise, feel free to just follow along here for updates on Ursula's escalation to see if it resolves things for you as well.

-Coach Natalie

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm seeing the same issues with a watchlist that includes all categories. In the first image it shows 'Travel' listed when I select only January:

However, when I select all months, Travel is no longer listed, Even though it should be 2nd in the list

And confirmed with Reports:

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, for a given month, the watchlist shows all the top categories by spending in order. The issue occurs only with the 12 month view for me with the watchlist that includes all spending categories.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @RockLee,

If you would like to be added to the ticket for this issue, please provide the following information:

2. An outline of what specific Categories you'd expect to see in the 12-month view that are missing.
    4. A screenshot that shows all of the Categories displayed for the 12-month view.
    5. A screenshot of the transactions that are included in the Categories that are missing from the 12-month view; you can select all of the transactions displayed so we can see a total and compare it to the totals displayed for the Categories at the top. You'd want to do this for each Category that's missing, particularly the higher-level ones like "Home".

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Alternatively, if you contact our Support Team directly regarding this issue, please reference ticket SIMPL-19423 so they know to add you to the existing ticket. Otherwise, feel free to just follow along here for updates on Ursula's escalation to see if it resolves things for you as well.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.