Recurring history

Options
IceOnFire
IceOnFire Member
edited March 6 in Bills and Income

I noticed after setting up all my recurring bills/subscriptions, you can view a history of transactions at the bottom of the window. While half of merchants display a complete list of transactions, the others only display the latest single transaction. Manually linking transactions to recurrences would be very time-consuming. Is there a workaround/solution or another method for setting up occurrences?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@IceOnFire

You’ll have to take the time to manually link them. Open up the transaction and use this button…

Over time Simplifi should get better at syncing incoming transactions with your recurring series. Still, you’ll occasionally have to fix things here and there.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24 Answer ✓
    Options

There is a feature request to enable adding transactions to a recurring series in bulk. If you want, vote for it here.

I only added some recent recurring transactions to my series, from the end of 2021 going forward. Doing more than a year of transactions for multiple series one by one is a pain, I get it. I have 16 monthly series, 1 quarterly series, and 1 bi-weekly series. I also have 8 yearly series. I have not added all the historical transactions to these, I may do so only when there is bulk edit available.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Answers

• IceOnFire
    Options

Thanks for the feedback!

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You may be able to capture all transactions for a recurring series by creating a renaming rule. Settings>Payee & rules>+Rule.

When you create a renaming rule Q-Simplifi will find all transactions with the original payee name that you're creating the rule for and gives you the opportunity to include them in the rename process. ("Also rename payee for existing transactions that match (Found #)" you can see the identified transactions by clicking on VIEW TRANSACTIONS link).

You'll want to check the list of transactions Simplifi finds to rename to make sure only the transactions you want to add to the recurring series are listed.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.