Missing transaction after switching from pending status

Options
Fepe
Fepe Member

I’ve notice that many of the transactions on AMEX card that had the pending tag , after a couple of days that the transaction goes through and changes from pending to cleared the disappear from the app and I had to reenter them manually

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Fepe, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

To clarify, are you just seeing the issue with American Express? If so, is it just one account, or do you see it with multiple accounts? What type of account(s) is the issue occurring with? I'd suggest establishing a fresh connection with the bank by following these steps, and then keeping an eye on things from there:

1. Make the account(s) manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Fepe
    Fepe Member
    Options

I’m just seeing this with Amex.
    If I do this, will I lose all of my previous data and categorization?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

No, changing an account to manual and then reconnecting it should not change or remove the transactions already in the account.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• Fepe
    Fepe Member
    Options

I did what you recommended and still have the same issue. All the transactions that show pending. Once the clear. They disappear from the transaction history 😵‍💫

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Fepe, thanks for giving those steps a try and posting back!

To clarify, has this issue always occurred for this account in Quicken Simplifi, or is it new behavior that's just recently popped up? Also, which American Express option is the account connected to in Quicken Simplifi? Since it sounds like it's a credit card account, you should be using "American Express", which is on the OAuth API connection.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Fepe
    Fepe Member
    Options

It recently started, since December

yes is a credit card and it’s under American Express

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Due to the nature of the issue you are encountering, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Simplifi Support directly for faster service and for escalation if needed. For instructions on reaching out to support, please click this link.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.