Manual Investment Account Balance is 0 in the Accounts List (edited)

Options
jhamilt5
jhamilt5 Member
edited March 20 in Investments

I have two manual investment accounts in Simplifi categorized as Brokerage accounts. Very recently (as of 2023-01-24) their balances in the Accounts list is now showing $0.00

When I click into each account, the Portfolio tab shows the correct holdings and Market value. Why do the total value of the Holdings in each account's Portfolio not display as the total Balance for those accounts? When I click the Balances tab for each account, they are listed as $0.00

As far as I can tell, the only way now to update the account balance is to add manual transactions, but those transactions don't update the holdings, and so the account's value won't increase/decrease with the changing market value.

What recently changed? And how can I get my balance in the Account list to go back to normal?

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• inspector_gadget
    inspector_gadget Member
    edited January 24
    Options

I've had a manual crypto account tracked in simplifi for two years and it was fine. Now today checked my accounts and it is showing a balance of $0. Strangely in Investments > Portfolio it still shows the correct balance, but if I go to Investments > Balance it shows my account balance over time and then it went to $0 on January 23 (yesterday). Also on the dashboard it is showing $0 and so my net worth has decreased by the amount missing. What's up? A bug?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• inspector_gadget
    Options

It does sound like the same or similar problem but the recommended "log off and on again" doesn't do anything. I will wait for them to resolve the problem.

• Erik B
    Erik B Member
    edited January 25
    Options

Although the ongoing issue that has been linked here has been marked as "Resolved" this morning, this is still an issue for manual investment accounts.

Market values are shown correctly, but not reflected in the accounts list or net worth calculations.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@jhamilt5, @inspector_gadget, & @Erik B, thanks for reaching out!

It looks like there may be an issue with the balance for manual investment accounts in the Accounts List where Quicken Simplifi is using Investment Transactions instead of the Holdings listed in the Investments Portfolio to calculate the balance. Unless they changed something, Investment Transactions should not interact with account balances in any way, so it seems that there's definitely something funky going on here. Manual investment account balances should use the holdings data as far as I'm aware.

With that, I'd like to get a ticket filed for this, but I wanted to confirm the behavior with you all first. Since it sounds like a couple of you have $0 balances in the Accounts List, I'm assuming you don't have any Investment Transactions entered — is that right? @jhamilt5, you mentioned that adding transactions to the account changes the balance — are you referring to Investment Transactions? If so, it sounds like this definitely falls in line with what I'm personally seeing.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6540220-managing-investment-transactions

I'd also like to get you all added to the ticket along with myself so we can show that the issue is widespread. To do so, please provide the following data:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (this is the list of all accounts and balances on the left side of the Dashboard on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, or the list of all of your accounts when you select "Accounts" from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App).
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    4. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    5. A screenshot of the Investment Transactions for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account). If you don't have Investment Transactions, we'd just want to see that the Investment Transactions register is empty. If you do have Investment Transactions, please select all of the transactions listed for the account before grabbing your screenshot so we can compare the "selected total" to the balance in the Accounts List to see if they match.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Erik B
    Erik B Member
    Options

Hi Coach Natalie,

I submitted my logs through the app. Here is the additional info:

• Account name: TC 401k
    • Balance in Accounts List: $0 (screenshot included)
    • Balance in Investment Portfolio: $0 (screenshot included)
    • Screenshot of holdings included with ~134k value
    • Screenshot of investment transactions showing no transactions also included.

• blablaha
    Options

Manual account holding ^BTCUSD now shows up as zero in the overall view

When I go into the account details, it correctly shows the market value. However, in the summary and main page view (e.g. Net worth) it shows $0.

This started happening only today.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

Others reported a similar issue. Check this out.

[removed link to merged thread]

Minter 2014-2023

• jhamilt5
    jhamilt5 Member
    Options

Hi Coach Natalie,

I submitted my logs through the app. Here is the additional info:

• Account names: "Swan Bitcoin (Fortress)" and "Swan Bitcoin (Prime - Closed)"
    • Balance in Accounts List: $0 (screenshot included)
    • Balance in Investment Portfolio: non-zero (approx $20k and $43k respectively)
    • No investment transactions for either account
    • Screenshots of account balance in list, account balance in Portfolio, and transaction lists are below

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Erik B & @jhamilt5, thank you!! I went ahead and got a ticket filed for this for all 3 of us, and I'll let everyone know when I hear back.

@blablaha, please provide the above-requested info (see here) so we can add you to the ticket.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19412

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

@Coach Natalie

I'm seeing the same issue. If you want my info to add to the ticket, let me know.

[Edit update 11:50AM] I'm going through and updating my portfolio for each manual account. Once updated the Balances page shows a drop to a new balance that is equal to cash portion of each portfolio.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Kevin Steinke
    Options

I have same issue to on a couple of my manual accounts.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, an Alert has been created for this issue:

Please follow the Alert for updates. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Adam_S
    Options

Hello,

I manually added an account that would not automatically connect. I had no issues adding it with the proper values in the Portfolio tab. Under Investments, I can see the holdings and they are added to the market value properly. However, when I go to the Balances Tab, that portfolio shows $0.00.

If I select that portfolio, it shows the market value in the Portfolio tab just like the main investments but when I go to Balances or Performance, that total is no longer there, it just shows $0. This portfolio also shows $0 on the dashboard under Investments.

How do I get a manually entered investment to show in the Dashboard and the Investment Balances total?

Thanks,
    Adam

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds like you are experiencing a known issue. Please bookmark the discussion below to get notified of updates.

Minter 2014-2023

• Adam_S
    Options

ok great thanks!

• inspector_gadget
    Options

I wasn't able to respond to this before the ticket was submitted, but I can confirm that I am having the same problems as the others ( @jhamilt5 and @Erik B ). My accounts and holdings are basically the same as theirs.

• Steve574
    Steve574 Member
    Options

I have been having the same issue since the 23rd but as of yesterday, 1 of the 2 accounts in my "Other Investments" now shows a balance on the Balances tab. The Portfolio tab shows the correct Market Value for both. The Balances tab shows the correct value for one of them and zero for the other. The Performance tab shows -100% for both.

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 29
    Options
  • bradycl98321
    Options

I have a manual portfolio named Crypto. I have not had any new transactions in a long time, but the balance started showing zero last week. In the Investments Center, under Portfolio, it correctly shows my holdings, and correctly shows my market value, but under balances and performance and on the dashboard it shows $0 for this account since January 23. Balances and Performance show that the balance was reflected correctly until then.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How's this going for everyone? My balances are now showing up on Investments: Balances as expected.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone! It sounds like there may have been a partial fix put in for this to where the Accounts List balances for manual investment accounts are impacted once again by the Holdings and Cash in the Portfolio — for those of you who were not impacted by the Investment Transactions part of the issue (this still hasn't been fixed), are you seeing correct balances in the Accounts List now?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Steve574
    Steve574 Member
    Options

Balances are back! Performance still shows -100%. Historical balance still shows zero for the past week also. At least the balances are back and showing everywhere as expected.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Steve574, awesome! I think the Balances will be $0 for those days that the data was missing, but they're looking into a way to restore that.

Anyone else still seeing an issue with their manual investment account balances in the Accounts List, or are you all good to go? @jhamilt5 @inspector_gadget @Erik B

-Coach Natalie

• Steve574
    Steve574 Member
    Options

I still see an issue on the Performance tab showing -100% for those assets even though the balances have been restored.

• Steve574
    Steve574 Member
    Options

Screenshot

• jhamilt5
    jhamilt5 Member
    Options

My account balances are correct again

• Steve574
    Steve574 Member
    Options

Any update on this? Those investments still show -100% on the performance reports.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Steve574, it looks like the ticket for repairing the history is still being worked on, so what I did is start watching it so I can inform everyone in this thread of any updates. Once a fix is implemented, you'll want to let us know at that time if it worked for you or not.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

QCS-17616

This discussion has been closed.