Issues connecting to CarMax (edited)

Options
Wild Billy
Wild Billy Member

Hey, not sure how to help Simplifi fix this any other way, as the discussions keep getting closed. The problem is that the receiving link on the CarMax website has changed. Essentially, when the interactive window is attempting to log into the CarMax website, it's incorrect: https://www.carmax.com/enUS/carmax-auto-finance/default.html

You will notice if you try that link that it's also now a 404. The two-step authentication runs through a different path on the idp.carmax.com domain. I realize you're assuming your customers are just not following directions, but there is no customer interaction to do at CarMax. The customer cannot go to the CarMax page and provide the two-step number back to the Simplifi dialog, which does work with other banks. There really is a problem, and I realize that it's on the CarMax end, but if you could be so kind as to elevate this I believe it can be fixed.

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

How would Q-Simplifi fix this?

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Wild Billy,

If CarMax has changed their website, Quicken Simplifi is not able to correct that. CarMax would need to reach out to our aggregation partner and provide them with the updated information. CarMax should already have the contact information for the aggregation partner, but if they don't, they can reach out to our Support for assistance and we'll be able to provide them with the link.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Wild Billy, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, it appears that you're receiving a 108 error when attempting to connect to CarMax Auto Finance in Quicken Simplifi. A 108 error indicates that there is an action you need to take on the bank's website, whether it's promotional material that needs to be acknowledged, a set of security questions that need to be confirmed, etc. Once resolved, you should be able to connect in Quicken Simplifi regardless of the URL listed for the bank. If you don't see anything when signing into the bank's website, try in incognito/private mode, and also check the bank's mobile app if you use it.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.