MFA (2FA) not working anymore?

Options
cowboydude99
cowboydude99 Member ✭✭

Hello,

I have been having issues all day yesterday and today with MFA prompts from my bank. When I try to refresh in the app or on the web, I am asked if I want a text or phone call.

If I choose text, it never comes through and the accounts immediately show an !.

If I choose phone call, I never get it and the accounts immediately show an !.

I've tried going to the settings > accounts and resetting that connetion. The MFA/2FA comes through just fine there and it adds the account back.

When I do a refresh… it fails again.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

Can you specify which banks are giving you MFA errors and someone here can help?

Also, you can open a chat session within the web app for a more personal, private support experience.

I had no issues with MFA prompts with any of the banks I use.

You can try the following steps to delete the bank and re-add it.

Make a 'Manual' Account a 'Connected' Account
    1. Go through the Add Account flow and connect to the bank by following the steps here.
    2. When the list of accounts is presented from the bank, carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5321064-how-to-make-an-account-manual#h_4e4c53a2d0

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• cowboydude99
    cowboydude99 Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA Thank you. I've tried that, but not luck.

Error: Account needs attention

(Care: FDP-1022)

We are unable to connect to #BANKNAME# at this time.

When I tried through reconnecting the account, it works just fine. My bank's mobile app is sending SMS codes and seems OK.

• cowboydude99
    cowboydude99 Member ✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA

Thanks again! Seems like a growing list of issues.

Hopefully it is resolved soon.

This discussion has been closed.