Adding short position of options in manual IRA account

Options
simplira
simplira Member ✭✭
edited February 29 in Investments

Hi,

My first issues is that Simplifi does not detect Robinhood IRA account. Read somewhere that it is Robinhood issue. So I added the account manually and added my holdings, relatively straight forward. Now my issue is that I cannot add short position on options. It will not allow me to add negative holdings.

Any help, how can I track short positions.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @simplira,

When creating the manual transaction in your investment account, does choosing Short Sell for the type let you document what you need to?

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• simplira
    simplira Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Coach Kristina. While I can create a transaction in the account, this however does not show the short position in the Portfolio. How do I get the short position added to the portfolio.

Also How do I find a particular option? D I manually need to create a security for the option or is there a way to lookup options?

Thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@simplira, thanks for posting back!

It's true that Investment Transactions won't impact your Portfolio Value. For the Holdings in your Portfolio, are these already entered as existing in Quicken Simplifi? If so, can you edit them to reduce the number? I'm not sure what else to suggest, as I'm not too familiar with investing or specifically with short positions. How does this data reflect on the bank's website?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.