How far back to correct transactions? (edited)

Options
jc908
jc908 Member
edited February 28 in Getting Started

Hi everyone, new to Simplifi and just imported a few accounts. Just curious for those of you who transitioned from another software - how far back in your transactions did you go back to edit the categories/vendors, etc?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The amount of corrections you want to do depend on how far back you will use the data in Simplifi for your own reporting. Decide what you want to do based on your needs here.

I initially corrected transactions going back to Dec 2021. My checking account downloaded transactions for the past 2 years. My credit cards download about 90 days of transactions while my investment accounts downloaded about a year's worth of transactions. I corrected all of these as needed, bulk edits made it easy.

Then, I imported transactions for the past 1.5 into the credit cards to match the period my checking account provided. After that, because I like the Simplifi reports and wanted to have all my data usable for reports, I imported all my Mint history into Simplifi since Sep 1, 2014, which was my Mint start date.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.