Date of recurring credit card payment

Options
Phemfrog
Phemfrog Member
edited February 29 in Troubleshooting

I have a recurring series set up for my credit card payment. The transfer out of my checking account us set as a Transfer. Everything about amounts and reports are all working fine.

My question is this. The date of the payment is around the 14th of every month, but if that falls on a Friday, weekend, or holiday, it wont actually post until the 15th,16th, or 17th. When i open the transaction details, it has the correct date from the bank (in the section “Appears on your checking statement as…”). In spite of this, Simplifi sets the date wrong most of the time. It sets one posted on the 16th as occurring on the 14th, for example.

This is a small error, except that my payday falls around the same date mid month, and it can look like I will run a low balance and I get a ton of notifications. But i have never had a payment not clear from the bank because of low funds because the posting always aligns with the bimonthly pay schedule.

Ideas? Thanks!!

Of course this would be fixed if Chase would let us connect a biller 🙃

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

When this happens to any of my recurring transfers, I change the date of the reminder for the month to match the date the payment will come in. Then, when the real transaction comes in, Simplifi matches it to the updated reminder date.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.