How to spend one-time savings goals?

Options
Dave5150
Dave5150 Member ✭✭
edited February 29 in Using Savings Goals

Say I have a goal to buy something for $10,000 and it's fully funded. Today I bought the "thing" for $10,000, and my Spending Plan now shows -$9000 available (it had $1000 available before the purchase). How should I handle the goal so my spending plan reflects that coming from what I've saved already? I tried just deleting the goal, but instead of bringing me back to $1000 available, it stayed -$9000 and now has $10 available for creating another goal. Same if I choose Withdraw from goal. Should I just delete the goal (since it's 1 time) and the hide the $10k purchase from my spending plan and report?

Best Answer

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29 Answer ✓
    Options

@Dave5150

Let’s say you bought a really, really expensive dishwasher and you had saved up for it in a Simplifi’s Savings Goal. When it comes time to pay the bill to Lowe’s, you’d select to exclude it from the Spending Plan. That should stop your Spending Plan from showing -$9,000 available. As for what to do with the Savings Goal, I don’t know? By design, all my goals are evergreen/recurring so I don’t have to get rid of anything.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.